1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I like the effect on Hirochi Raceway. The redesigned map always looked kind of harsh and washed-out to me; this definitely looks to have changed.

Utah, I actually think I liked the old color palette better.

I'm absolutely not a fan of what's been done so far with the vehicle reflections. My lovely, delicious, shiny reflections... the current reflections look a lot like @Nathan24™'s current avatar, while the new ones look like a cross between old BeamNG and a game that tries too hard to have "soft" reflections. The vehicles in the videos look like they had semi-gloss paint at best. Reminds of old BeamNG and not in a good way.

#18861 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Also worth mentioning these Chrome STX wheels are new. Currently the game only has Grey, White and (Black?)

EDIT: Lighting improvements confirmed no impact on performance

Attached Files:

• Capture.jpg
    #18862 CN877, Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if there will be an option to switch between this new lighting system and the current one. My guess is that the answer is no.

4. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I really like the new reflection on the cars and the contrast in the lighting, i hope we can have matte reflections at some point to. And i really hope they will rework the shadow system, i did see the shadow degrade and disappear in some camera angles in the T-series video they put up

#18864 CrashHard, Nov 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

You mean those aren't matte reflections?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I do hope this new lighting system allows my computer to handle lighting above lowest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

No they are not matte in the videos, but the studio pics are the way I hope we can have ingame to, but as I understand the studio setup have to do with the cubemap used, or reflection map used is blurred to make the car paint look matte.

Update: I looked at the pickup video again, and I think I take back the stuff about matte paint, till I can try it ingame for myself, (It do look matte in that video) And the highlights are so nice and really sell the matte look)

#18867 CrashHard, Nov 15, 2019
  8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Those are both very important to me - I've been wanting chrome STX wheels for a while (hopefully the gray and black wheels are both being retained too), and I was concerned about the potential performance impact of all this reworking. Then again, I remember all the trouble that was had when WCUSA was first released, so I'm still going to be nervous until I've experienced the new lighting firsthand.

https://blog.beamng.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ut2_2.jpg

I've included a link to a screensaver-sized version of one of the new Utah shots, with a few things to note.

upload_2019-11-14_21-57-28.png
    @DoullPepper might have overlooked one very important detail while redesigning the industrial area - the sign for 'AJ Auto Repairs' is not immediately apparent. That sign is very important - it's one of the few tangible pieces of BeamNG lore we have, as it connects to the mechanic character of Anna, already part of the Rocky Start Campaign and highly likely to appear in career mode. I suppose it's possible that the sign has been moved to the larger building, but I would definitely appreciate confirmation if that is the case.

upload_2019-11-14_21-56-2.png
    There appears to be some new rock formations or structures alongside the paved road there, with what is definitely a new structure on top of the plateau.
    upload_2019-11-14_22-13-20.png
    This other plateau appears to have been leveled out for what appears to be either a paved racetrack or a housing development of some sort.
    screenshot_2019-11-14_22-08-18.png screenshot_2019-11-14_22-10-45.png
    What most players don't realize is that plateau is currently home to a short, very well hidden section of dirt track containing twin jumps.
    screenshot_2019-11-14_22-12-41.png
    Unfortunately, the current layout of the approach road means that only a small segment of official vehicle are capable of maintaining enough speed to make the jump, and even then it's very easy to get out of alignment. I do hope that something similar will be available in another location in the updated map, but I urge everyone to at least make one attempt at this section before the update hits.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hello all, for information, don't motion my name all the time compared to remastered maps. It's a team work! For my side I work mainly on natural environment , and on Utah I also did new road textures.
    There is a big work on buildings and other different stuff, LJFHutch , B25Mitch , Luca and Christin do that. ;)

• Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay so what car are we vitally missing in Beam? Because that's what we're most likely gonna get before the Sadlad.
    Discuss below.

11. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

Late 1950s Personal Luxury Car :)

12. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

13. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Did I or did I not say car.

14. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

sorry read to quick
    --- Post updated ---
    not a very personal car but...

then a very personal car

• Like Like x 2
  15. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Nah if you're gonna go Imperial you should go for a '58, grille section looks MILES better.

16. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

I was Thinking Of The Continental Mark II.

• Like Like x 1
  17. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

yeah but this one has a sort of contorted sinister smile to it, make something like this in beam and pair it with black paint and a night time ECA map, you'll have one of the most terrifying cars to be tailgating you with it headlights on full beam

18. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The best Imperial.

• Like Like x 1
  19. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

is that a '62 model?

20. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, either that ore a 61. Can't remember.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice