1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Or they updated jbeans to simulate cfrp... Jbean2 electric boogaloo

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

New forum meme that I'm stealing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spython

Spython
    Expand Collapse

It'll have a spare tire... but the car is actually an 8-legged walker.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I was actually kinda hoping for a classic pickup truck at point in this update, but sadly that and a classic car don't look like they are going to be in this update at all. As for modern cars not having the same personality as classic cars. I actually can kinda agree with that. I do think older cars are more interesting then modern cars, but there are lot of people on here who really seem like they want modern cars and I can understand why. Also, people go modern instead of classic because they think modern cars are safer and more efficient then older cars are.

I actually kinda agree with that statement. If the devs decide to do another Italy update. Honestly, I think a 90s italian coupe and sedan would go great with an Italy update. I don't think it would go great with a Utah update though.

Honestly, I'm not sure what car we're getting in this update to be honest. As long as it's reliable and not ugly to look at. I won't mind it at all.

5. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

hey look what i found

The Joke

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I like how the generation who coined the "Ok Boomer" meme is also the most reactionary about cars... :p

• Like Like x 9
  7. RY4NDY

RY4NDY
    Expand Collapse

And hopefully also add the option to see (parts of) your own vehicle in the mirrors, rather than the mirrors just "looking" straight through your vehicle like they do now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

And I can almost assure you that everyone talking about how bad safety is because of how it's ruining driving enjoyment/aesthetics/weight/whatever, has not considered what it'd be like losing a loved one to a preventable car accident.

I like a lot of older cars myself, most of my favorite cars are 30+ years old, but I have absolutely no right to say the automotive industry is going in the wrong way. Technology evolves, that's just how it is. Maybe the next generation will complain about their time's cars, and post on internet forums about how good and simple the cars from the 2010s were.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

were is the key word... I doubt many of them will survive next 10-20 years.

#19149 Ai'Torror, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Multilink or EFI also didn't use to be easily repairable, and yet here we are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Not many cars from any time period have survived longer than 20 years.

Most of them have been destoryed. Its only the ones that have been looked after that are left. Or in some countries, the owners who were willing to put up with constant zip tie grade repairs due to economic issues.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

When I clicked on that spoiler, it said "The Joke". I wonder what that's supposed to mean.

Anyways, here are some more suggestions for Beamng Drive I have.

1. I think a logging trailer should be added in the game when the devs decide to a semi trailer renovation and expansion update.

2. I think there should be some sharp curve warning signs, plus some yields signs and stop signs in Utah USA to warn people of stuff.

3. The infamous West Coast USA drag strip pavement toward the end of the quarter mile should be fixed. I don't have problems with it, but I know a lot of other people have issues with it.

4. When you turn left to go down the mountain from the tourist area you spawn at in one of the spawn points in Utah USA. There should be a truck downhill warning sign that has flashing lights on it.

Those were my suggestions. The Beamng drive staff do not have to do any of those things if they don't want to.

As far as speculation goes. I don't think there is anything else to speculate on right now sadly.

I can't possibly imagine what generation that is.

I do believe people should be allowed to have negative and positive opinions about modern cars. There are people who like modern cars, but there are also people who don't like modern cars whether it's because they are too expensive, they are too complicated to them to handle, they don't fit their lifestyle, they have too many mehicnal problems or maybe they look ugly to some people. Now, I am aware technology evolves overtime, but I do think people should have a right to voice negative opinions about modern cars. That is just my opinion though.

13. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

True, everyone deserves their opinion. I have a lot of negative opinions about certain features of modern cars too (namely when it comes to sports cars with fake exhausts, fake sounds, etc., but I digress...), but my point was that there is no denying the auto industry, just like any other, moves forward and not backward. Maybe some day we will see cars that are safer than current ones, and more fun than sports cars of the past, who knows. The auto industry is in an akward phase, and it's hard to judge it by its current state.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Wow, you seem to be one of the only reasonable people here.

Yeah, I drive a modern car myself. I like my modern car, and I drive it because it serves its purpose. I love old cars, and I love looking at other people's old cars. But that doesn't mean I'm going to daily drive a Model A. Cars original purpose was for mobility and transport, so modern cars are going to prioritize that, but there will be fun cars that come along. People need to understand that car enthusiasts are a very small portion of the market, and we're not the priority. The manufacturer is going to focus on the general market, and put us second. Which is how it should be, because that's how companies are run.

This game is an AUTOMOBILE SIMULATOR, not a let's add tons of old cars and race them simulator. People need to understand that modern cars have a place in this game, and they probably will stay for a long time because the world has moved on.

I also notice that a lot of people claiming how bad modern cars are don't even have a license yet, or have driven before.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough. The auto industry doesn't literally move backwards. There may people who think the auto is moving backwards because they think the cars are getting worse. I don't hate modern cars at all. I just don't care for their body style. I just think modern car body styles just look unappealing and sometimes kinda ugly. There are some modern cars with decent body styles, but I do think older vehicles are nicer to look at the newer vehicles.

For example, I think the 1961 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck has a more appealing body style then the 2019 Ford F-150 Pickup Truck, but there may be people out there who think the opposite. Now, I will say that modern cars are safer and I can totally understand the appeal of making cars safer and more efficient. The older cars didn't have seat belts. There are people out there who believe that 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s are better then the 2010s.

There are also people who believe music was better back in their day then it is now, but I won't go into anymore detail about that because it may be considered "off-topic".
    Anyways, you make a good point about the auto industry and I'm glad you understand that people have opinions.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't live without the heated seats in my Jeep. Therefore, anything older than a '66 Caddy De Ville is worthless to me.

OT: I've said it before, and with this off road driving mode thing I'm saying it again: Many of Synsol's mods, including his off road ETK 800, really should be made official content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

I speculate that the update to Jungle Rock Island is going to come in the update after the next one.

There are several reasons:
    1. We have not seen any teasers for it.
    2. I think that the team wants to focus on updating one "big" map per update. "Big" meaning a large freeroam map, not a setpiece like Derby. We had East Coast, this update is going to be Utah (with Small Island et al. getting updated too, hopefully), and I think JRI is big enough to warrant an update of its own.
    3. Jungle Rock Island is, in my opinion, badly in need of POIs. The airstrip is fine, but both the port and industrial area are outdated and boring, and the fort is completely uninteresting. It also lacks proper jungle trails and big offroading areas, since all the current ones are basically well-kept dirt roads. The Utah teasers show that the devs are working on replacing dirt roads with proper offroad trails, so I hope JRI gets the same treatment.
    In general, JRI is a big map, and unlike Hirochi Raceway or Derby, it isn't mainly just a backdrop for some tracks and arenas. It has a lot of potential for interesting places, the volcano for instance, or making some Hopper-traversable areas of the jungle. The current points of interest on the map are boring and use outdated assets. I don't think it would be put in an update that focuses on another big map, since then it wouldn't receive the attention it needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

JRI, Port, Industrial Site, and Small Island all critically need reworks, far more than Utah in my opinion (not saying the Utah rework is bad, but rather these maps needed upgrades more than Utah at the moment). Besides that, the ETK map is starting to show it's age too, but not as much as Utah or the previously mentioned "critical" maps.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the thing is, that hirochi racway's ovehaul was quite extensive, and there were no teasers of it before the update. Considering that JRI is, by most standards worse than Utah currently, I myself would be surprised if it wasn't in the next update.
    to be realistic though, I doubt we're going to get a new car. last update we got one, which likely had some work done on it over the past 6 years, and a full overhaul of an existing one,
    and we're supposedly getting the overhaul of 3 vehicles (at least the pickup and roamer, considering the amount of teaser images for the pickup, and the new roamer meshes found in the game files.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure the roamer body was updated in 0.16 o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice