1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

So... I'm assuming update Christmas/New Year's -ish? Unless there's some big changes we haven't seen yet.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

In the following weeks, before Christmas

One of the things we are focusing on is checking that there is no obvious broken things related to the lightning changes, as that alone is a pretty substantial change.
    It affects pretty much anything visually, and allowed to properly fix graphical bugs (for example speculars were substantially broken before, now they are fixed) and adjust things to be done in a more 'physically-correct' way.

As we mentioned in the blogpost, another thing we are doing is looking to retain most of the original look for the existing content. Especially for level mods.
    What's for sure is that old content will not look the same as they did. There will be some slightly color-shifting, as we are changing color-space: That is inevitable.
    And if a mod was crazy values (for example, made the sun x10 brighter than it should be), that will be more evident now (the closer we get to physical-correct things, the more evident non-physical-correct values will be)

Here's an example from the mod 'Trynelgren':
    Steam017.jpg Upcomimg018.jpg
    (0.17 and 0.18)

We already have a bunch of counter-measures applied, which keeps most of the old look, and we are working on more.
    If a level author wants to adjust things on his/her own, it's just a matter of re-picking some color values, should be pretty trivial. I could make my own level mods look close or even better (thanks to the new features) than they did in just a few minutes.
    We will probably have the most obvious things we could find in the first part of this update, with more coming later.

Hope this shed some light (heh) on what we are doing and what to expect.

• Like Like x 36
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me, or does the LeGran need way more love? I just got done thrashing the MT towing package version around Hirochi Raceway and I still unironically think the grandma car, the one that had to be almost completely redone after an outsourcing disaster, the one that's still not quite up to the quality level of the other vanilla vehicles, the one that's still thin on parts and content, the one that was described by its designer as a "horrible, terrible" car that "you want to smash", the one that has a tailpipe designed specifically to look rusty even though the rest of the car is brand new, has turned out to be one of the most fun cars in the game to drive. The handling isn't "pointy" like a FWD Ibishu, but the grip and willingness to rotate into a corner are both far better than expected, with significantly less understeer than the design and specifications of the vehicle would lead you to believe. The engine, surprisingly, loves to wind out and yet simultaneously has a nice fat torque curve, which gives some helpful flexibility in terms of which gear to use in certain corners. The heavy duty brakes get wickedly hot under hard use, but then cool off quickly, and stopping distances remain short regardless. In short, it's a pretty dang alright car, and any time I start to feel like I might fall for one of the modern ETKs, it only takes a few miles in that thing to set me straight.

Yeah, it needs more attention.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the Legran has more love than the Bolide

• Agree Agree x 12
  5. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

So just my two cents, Judging by Nadeox's statement as well as the trend of updates generally falling on Fridays, I think that it's likely that we'll see the update on Friday, December 20th, which is in 3 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm really glad that you're checking to make sure there are no obvious broken things related to the lighting changes, so that's good. Also, what do you mean by "original work"?

"(made the sun x10 brighter than it should be)" I hope that doesn't happen with one of your mods. The sun in real life is already bright enough in my opinion. Could you imagine it being 10 times brighter?

By the way, you said "first part of this update, with more coming later", so does that mean this update is going to be split into multiple parts? By the way, I am about a 100% sure you gave at least a bit of new information on this update.

Also, I have a question for you.

1. Are you going to add the option for rain and snow falling effects, plus the option for grey skies in the environment section of the menu? You do not have to do this if you don't want to. I think it would be a pretty nice add on to the game though.

I kinda agree with you on the grandma car thing. The Bruckell Legran does feel like an old people car. I don't think that's bad thing at all though, but I'm sure it will probably need an update eventually.

Alright, that's the end of my post for now.

UPDATE:
    Well, I checked the 2019 calendar and I saw the August calendar and I noticed that the 16th of that month was on a Friday, so you may have a point of updates having a tendency to fall on Fridays, though I can't remember which day of the week 0.15 and 0.16 released.

#19446 95Crash, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'd say Dec. 13th or 20th.

So, uh... I've more or less forgot what's actually going to be in this update.

-Hopper V8 Swap + comp parts: They were shown off at SEMA so they must be ready
    -D/H-Series + Roamer frame updates: Confirmed to be the next revamp, D-Series has been shown off already. No word on if they will get new parts like the GM did but they could get some bits off the comp Hopper, especially the D35 Pig. Edit: See below post
    -Lighting updates: See the 3rd post on this page
    -Utah updates: It's been shown off a few times now so it would be weird to not see it.
    -AI improvements: We just got traffic in the last update, it's safe to say improvements will be happening.

-Improvements to Cinematic Cam: I'm remembering this half a week later and no one here reminded me of it
    -Multiseat improvements: Green text here
    -Electronic Aid improvements: "No guarantee of release date" and "not finished in any way" but we could see something
    related to it.
    *Added by request* Other map updates: Port, Industrial, and SMR all were shown off in the initial announcement but there's been no word since then.

-Stuff in development limbo: See definition of "development limbo"
    -New Car: We know nothing about the new car other than that it is not the Wendover. It might be done or it might not even be in game yet.

-Special Note: Career mode. Supposed to come in 2019 but the game clearly isn't ready for it. We got a lot of surprises in 0.17 so we might get surprised with something for 0.18.

#19447 ManfredE3, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Actually, as shown in one of the lighting improvement videos, the D-Series has the new style brakes (with body colored calipers, something new as well) as well as a new IFS coilover model. It at least has a couple new parts coming in the future update.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I would mention the possibility of other map updates appearing alongside Utah, like small island, port, and industrial site.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think this kind of posts are very much what many people have been wanting, this is really great :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Can someone please just tell me why this does not exist yet?

Attached Files:

• 1980_Ferrari_308_GTB_Group_4_Tribute_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-11-30_14-12-20.png
    Wrong thread, but here you go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I hope we get some pavement-oriented adjustable suspension for it. Including for the beam front axle.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just look at that rear tire width!

I'm not complaining, but to not have over 300 wide tires and mostly even top performance models having 265 or less is just not manly enough! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

the legran feels like mud

16. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The Miramar needs more content.

Today, yet again I forgot it existed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

I mean a proper version with the included lights, rollcage, wheels and other rally parts. For the bolide as a variant because its litterally the same vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, if there was some kinda fictional thing in the game that recorded how many times each car was spawned, the Miramar would probably be last. Its just so forgettable. And the thing is, it actually has some stuff, but nobody uses it. Yes it stands out, yes its pretty good, but it just is boring. There are like no mods for it or anything. It needs to be more... well, unforgettable.

19. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

dont you dare insult my baby

miramar best car
    --- Post updated ---
    really?

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

https://beamng.com/search/178562675/?q=miramar&t=resource_update&o=date&c[title_only]=1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice