1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There needs to be an F-Head straight six, and more go-fast parts for the 313 V-8. My idea is that because the Special was an up-market car, there was a Gavril model with a 270-cid V-8 and less power but sold for cheaper. I think having a special model of the 313 with hemispherical combustion chambers and a better carb would be cool, or maybe a nailhead of some kind. Also a larger engine that isn't a swap, like a 364 cid engine. Don't think a V-12 would fit that well as this isn't as high of a luxury car as a Lincoln however.
    Also gasser plox.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

now Ive seen it. Might not be R R after all!
    excuse the quality, I could not get my fingers steady in paint!
    couldjustbetwoarrows.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

Ferrari California T!

4. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's an automobile.
    Gottem.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The V12 would be the least appropriate of the special engine options, but also the most cool. Probably better as a test bed car than a production car, but that's a lot of work to make an old V12 for a single config.

Honestly when I saw the logo I saw two arrows (not like in your pic), it took me a mn to see the RR that everyone else saw (hold the pic at 45°, you'll probably see it then)

#19905 ManfredE3, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Could also be an "S"...

... or an "I" :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Rigs of Rods. Thats the new car.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I just wish the developers would give us just a tiny hint. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah it's a bit shit that we've got this to go on and nothing else. Like, give us a headlight or something pls father.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

or maybe a wheel or gauge

11. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Not at all update related but something interesting I've found is that the staff members seem to be using the "staff pick" rating a lot more frequently amongst multiple different threads. Just interesting to me...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Unsure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but considering the new hopper config -ESPECIALLY the fact that it's not releasing until a later date-, i'd bet the Hopper will be the next big Refresh vehicle. Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

It looks like the devs stop using stuff like 0.18.0.1 now it 0.18.1.0.

14. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Looking at the time to release a hotfix after the 0.17 update, I'd say if we don't get a hotfix before new years we'll get a nice update for 2020 :) Hopefully including the rock crawler hopper and new vehicle. Fingers crossed. I'm thinking 0.18 is just the structure for some very fun stuff coming next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

to me it really represents a positive change in the mindset of the devs- with the bluebuck's many bodystyles and the d-series revamp, which not only gave us the configs for which we so badly yearned, but also a currently unfinished bronco body (which has a bit of a proportion problem at the moment, but that's besides the point), it seems as if the devs have finally given in to that golden montra of multiple bodystyles per vehicle!

i've been here since the dawn of the techdemo, and i can't remember a year better than this. 2020 looks promising can't wait to see what y'all do next!

• Agree Agree x 12
  16. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Well I spoke to soon lol bug fix #1 but hey 2020 here we come! Also the new thumbnails are way way better! :D:D:D
    Old----------New
    BeamNGdriveScreenshot20191212-08532434.png BeamNGdriveScreenshot20191212-09014897.png

#19916 JJscoobs, Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Eh, it seems like a bit of a mixed bag. On the Van, D-Series, and Wentward, the camera is much better positioned. But the new adjusted camera angle has disastrous effects on the chrome—it looks black. Look at the D-Series, Barstow, Moonhawk, Bluebuck, and LeGran to see what I'm talking about. Additionally, parts of the thumbnails now look really dark, like they're encased in shadow. The I-Series and D-Series demonstrate this well.

I still think the thumbnails would look much better if they were on the same black background used for the new loading screens, like how they used to look before they were initially changed to silver. Ironically, since they never replaced the black thumbnail map one with a silver one, it's not that hard to take your own. Maybe I (or someone else who beats me to it) will make a mod that replaces the white thumbnails with black ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

110% agree with you my idea was they should have a dark mode switch to do just that.

-And I didn't notice the black chrome bumpers lol good spot

#19918 JJscoobs, Dec 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Everyone here is asking for images of the new car and I'm sitting here wondering what range of performance classes its configurations will cover.

20. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Not only multiple bodystyles but also frames. D-series now have different frame for each cab + each bed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice