Outdated Updated Shiftlogic Automatic Transmissions 4.34

Makes slushboxes more comfortable to drive. Now with electric motors

1. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Guess what was the issue? Exactly, the starters are too weak on the affected engines. Actually the starter torque is not defined on any engine, probably all of them use a standard value. When you define a starter torque, the problem vanishes, so maybe the standard starter torque is not enough for the diesels coupled with this mod's transmissions. I'll take a look if defining a higher starter torque on the transmissions will affect the engines that weren't bugged before (edit: it doesn't, so I'll put that variable on all transmissions for the Vivace and ETK 800/K series).

The thing is, I don't know if "starterTorque" is a variable available on the "mainEngine" code on vanilla game, or it was added by the Maluch mod (that's where I got the variable).

#281 Xupaun, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow. I never would´ve guessed that starter torque is a thing in BeamNG yet and that the different start times are pre definied to realistic values for different vehicles. Glad to hear you can fix it!

EDIT: Well that could be the case with the Maluch. I hope you just can add the variables on the affected vehicles and fixing the problem.

#282 I<3ChickenWings&V8, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  3. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

@Xupuan Did you make any progress by any chance?

4. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Well, I did. Forgot to send the fixed version.
    This file has some little improvements I made for the sake of having fun on some transmissions, including a surprise that you all will have to find (tip, it is a DCT for a car that didn't have one before).
    Also, it adds the starter torque variable for all transmissions for the modern ETKs and the Vivace. If the engines still don't start, you should increase the starter torque a little, by opening the transmission file (I have more to do to be fine tuning a number to fix engines I don't use, and didn't break), so you should start to familiarize yourselves with having the mod unpacked and do little fixes/changes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I´ll ´give this a whip tomorrow and give feedback. If i need to change some values and it won´t work right away i´ll just ask again.

6. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

Okay i tested it now and so far so good. Every mentioned engine/trans combination starts perfectly again now. You´re a gentleman! :cool:

7. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Nice to hear that the issue is fixed. But didn't you find the Easter egg?

8. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

Not yet. please no spoilers i had not much time in the morning and just wanted to check if the problem was fixed. I will look into it now. Im really curious what you cooked up there.:cool:

EDIT: Found it! a well needed addition in my opinion and very suited as transmission for this sporty little bugger.
    And the best thing to it which is sadly still missing on certain vanilla automatics: Idle Creep.
    Nicely done, i like it!

#288 I<3ChickenWings&V8, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  9. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

@Xupaun I just noticed that the ETK TTsport V8 won´t start with any transmission from the pack neither on the K- or 800 Series.

10. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Set the starter torque to 150 on all ETK transmissions

• Like Like x 1
  11. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

Will do, thanks.

EDIT: Worked like charm.

#291 I<3ChickenWings&V8, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  12. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

found it but wont spoil the fun just yet. ;)

13. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

could this work for the diesel lansdale engine not starting with the new automatics?

14. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Yep

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fy42145

Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

I ask permission to use this mod for my mod later

16. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

permission is already granted in the first page

17. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Just rename the shiftlogic you want to use to avoid conflicts

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG 0.31 -- the final goodbye.
    Long time no see. Unfortunately, I decided to quit BeamNG modding scene and stop updating this mod permanently. I made this decision out of two reasons.

1. BeamNG game update(the good reason). This game is getting better and better, the T-Series is fantastic. As of 0.31, the automatic transmission torque converter lockup logic has been fixed, the electric motor also received several update, the one-pedal driving is better as they implement auto-hold. Updating this mod is getting less and less beneficial. Try driving the DT40L by yourself, use the 6AT and apply 75% throttle during acceleration, pay attention to the tachometer and compare it to 0.23.5 (available on steam via beta branch), no more RPM jumps now.
    2. The deteriorating society(the bad reason). More and more aspect of this society is getting downhill. youtube more ads in the middle of a video, premium is more expensive, netflix bans shareing password between family members and restrict watching during travel. Rent is getting more and more expensive and numerous games on Steam inflated their price which I only consider buying if the price is before the inflation. The final straw is toxification of the community and the influx of for-profit modder in BeamNG modding scene. As a result, I have to work harder to sustain myself.

Nothing lasts forever, however, I will forever(at least for a long time) cherish my time playing this game and making/updating my mods.

Modding permission: It's allowed to post your update/fork/derivative on both the repo and the forum.

A big thank you to everyone for supporting this mod and sharing your driving experience!

#298 default0.0player, Dec 16, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

sad to see you go but c'est la vie ig. I will say though, even though the dt40l's transmission has improved significantly as well as the rest of the automatic transmissions in this game. I still find that a few of them still like to lock up quite quickly and refuse to get out unless you mash the throttle. such as the legran's 4 speed and the covet.

20. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Life is really hard for me/in my situation, to the point that I want to jump off of a bridge multiple times
    Custom lua logic is no longer required, just change the "useSmartAggressionCalculation" from false to true in the jbeam file

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice