Released Updated Shiftlogic Automatic Transmissions 4.37

Makes slushboxes more comfortable to drive. Now with electric motors

  1. Xupaun

    Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2020
    Messages:
    901
    You mean just the addition of the MD-Series, or the mod broke?
    Which transmissions from the T-Series should carry on to the MD-Series
    --- Post updated ---
    I quickly added some transmissions to the MD-Series. I kept the 10 speed AMT from the T-Series, but using the Dualshift overdrive ratios. Also, added 5 automatic transmissions:
    • 4 speed auto, based on the Allison AT545. Not electronic, and no locking converters, so it disables the converters locking ability;
    • 5 Speed auto, based on the Allison MD3060 1st gen / Old Allison 2000 Series. Locking converters only in 4th and up, as well as faster shifts and manual mode, since it is electronic;
    • 6 speed auto, based on the Allison 3000 RDS. Fully electronic, and with a modern feel to it;
    • 8 speed auto, based on the ZF PowerLine (8AP1200 HD / Wide Ratio), basically the ZF8HP, but tougher for commercial use;
    • 10 speed auto, based on the Allison 10L1000. The latest transmission used on the Kodiak replacement.
    Hope you like the update. No promisses, but I'll maybe look at some popular mods and add compatibility with them, as well as add modern transmissions for old cars, mainly 6 speed autos, since 8 speeds are too much for them. Like the ZF6HP, GM6L80 and 6T70.
     

    Attached Files:

    #401 Xupaun, May 21, 2026
    Last edited: May 24, 2026
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Xupaun

    Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2020
    Messages:
    901
    Guys, I tested the FIle I sent here and the transmission didn't work the way I liked. So I edited it. The File on the post was just updated
     
  3. 何意味

    何意味
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2026
    Messages:
    5
    Um I'm just curious about what this mod actually do? Because I'm troubled with how the defaut ATs shift gears because they shift up only in like 3000 rpm or more and they won't shift up at high speeds for economy. And I really want a mod that shifts up and down more often.
     
  4. I<3ChickenWings&V8

    I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2020
    Messages:
    918
    Any chance the Ardente receives some love soon? Hope you´re doing well Xupaun!
     
  5. CaptainNoobacus

    CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2020
    Messages:
    470
    Ardente doesn't really need it since it shares the same platform as the vivace and the tograc which allows it to use their transmissions
     
  6. Milendur

    Milendur
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2021
    Messages:
    605
    All vanilla automatic transmissions need work in my opinion, some are alright with full throttle driving but there is not a single transmission which is adequate with calm and low throttle driving in this game. The good thing is that beamng allows a lot of modification through modding so it can be fixed.
     
  7. I<3ChickenWings&V8

    I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2020
    Messages:
    918
    Its not showing me the Vivace/Tograc Trannies so yeah, they need to be ported over to the Ardente. That would be more than enough.
     
  8. CaptainNoobacus

    CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2020
    Messages:
    470
    Weird. Shows all of them for me. Even for the the diesel engine and the i3/i5

    upload_2026-8-6_18-10-31.png
     
  9. I<3ChickenWings&V8

    I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2020
    Messages:
    918
    Im gonna try deleting cache and re-downloading the mod again. Maybe that will help.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PoshCarReviewer

    PoshCarReviewer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2018
    Messages:
    32
    And that's precisely why I use your interior mod and this mod together just so I can drive calmly in West Coast :D
     
  11. Milendur

    Milendur
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2021
    Messages:
    605
    Nice, if you have a wheel and pedals and want to drive in a realistic way modding is a must, even racing with a keyboard a good calibrated transmission also helps. For example ETK 800 is less stable during trail braking and also slower in some situations when using the vanilla 8 speed auto.
     
  12. AERO JEKS

    AERO JEKS
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 29, 2022
    Messages:
    172
  13. SBslayer

    SBslayer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2021
    Messages:
    31
    Hi, I've been using and messing around with this mod for other mod cars and wanted to ask if there is a way to remove the engine creep by changing something in the jbeam file or changing something else in the atlogic mod itself :rolleyes:
     
  14. Milendur

    Milendur
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2021
    Messages:
    605
    Yes, and the way depends on if the transmission is torque converted or dual clutch
     
  15. Fy42145

    Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2022
    Messages:
    777
    Could you experiment with creating a smooth throttle coefficient that adjusts during gear shifts?
     
  16. SBslayer

    SBslayer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2021
    Messages:
    31
    As of now, I am currently using the torque converted one for the car. Is the way written somewhere maybe I missed something
    --- Post updated ---
    I'll try but I am still new to this :p
     
  17. Milendur

    Milendur
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2021
    Messages:
    605
    There is no parameter that controls the creep exclusively unlike dct where it has creep parameter because this is just the normal behavior and the result of how a torque converted transmission works. You could reduce stallTorqueRatio but this will make it sluggish when taking off or when thr lockup clutch is not engaged. The only way would be custom logic.
     
  18. SBslayer

    SBslayer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2021
    Messages:
    31
    I see, well I am currently trying to make a SCT specificlly the aventador transmission and it seems because of using this mod, the car can't quite do a launch control when in gear. Is there a way to fix this? I understand that the engine creep issue probably cannot be fixed unless I make an entire new shiftlogic
     
  19. Fy42145

    Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2022
    Messages:
    777
    Regarding `dctClutchMaxTime`, this should be applicable to automatic transmissions, given that automatic transmissions in RL exhibit this behavior.

    In an automatic transmission, this might be referred to as 'CoefSunGear' or something.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice