USB devises not responding from Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Bubbleawsome, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I screwed up
    -A tale of suffering, pain, and regret by bubbleawsome.

Anyways, as some of you know, I recently accidentally installed Win10 on my main PC. After aborting the install I rebooted into 7 and it's borked. Once I pass the BIOS splash screen and it boots into the 7 logo all device connectivity is lost. Whether it is a phone charger, wireless mouse, wired mouse, keyboard or eHDD. All of them jut power off. Front panel or mobo connectors. All of them. They work in the BIOS though.

Halp Pls. I just got a new 7970 in too. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I changed something in the BIOS to something and back and it works now. Also got the 7970 installed again. Nice. :p

Do you even flex bruh?
    sj3id57.jpg

2. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Lol my GPU is too close to my power supply to even flex. There's not even any room.

But anyways that's good. I'm having some trouble with USB as well. Wether it's 2.0 or 3.0, it could take up to 2 minutes to even detect that something is plugged it. And with my iPhone, it just doesn't detect it at all. Not too sure why.

3. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Try messing around with USB security settings. Just don't blame me if it breaks. I don't know how that fixed my issue. :p

(Also, this card might clock to over 1100Mhz. The other one didn't pass stock. (And then died. :())

4. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

reinstall motherboard drivers

edit: oh you fixed it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice