Released Using OutGauge/LFS Dashboard with BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by DrowsySam, Aug 25, 2014.

1. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

Little Update for those, who might still be interrested in Outgauge Protocol:

I got it working, or better: Found out what was not working.

Jono1000 has posted his lua code for outgauge with Km/H , which i am using now. Why? Because the "attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'timer'" does not happen in it. Still, that doesn't work with any IP that is different from localhost's IP.
    (Returnvalue of socket:sendto is nil when using any IP, except of 127.0.0.1).

So, to send it to any other device on the local network, I did programm a little UDP Client Application in C#. It catches the packages from BeamNG (successfully) and sends them to any other PC. There they can be received now. For example LFSDashboard is now working again.

There might be a way to do all of it by adapting some Lua-Code. But truth is: I do hate scripting languages, I've learned Javascript, C, C++ and C# (which is my daily work now), additionally some special Languages for the automation industry and industrial robots. I'm just fed up looking deeper into this one, as of missing BeamNG Methods Documentation.

Having outgauge working now, I'm pretty sure I can start my little "Real Cars Dashboard" Project tomorrow :)

2. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

gonna try this later.very cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice