Unsolved UV Channel Addition

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Dyghaun, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Dyghaun

Dyghaun
    Expand Collapse

I`m trying to make seats, interiors, door-panels and steering wheels colorable within the game color config. The UV channels...
    Some stock interiors already match the car color, so do some mods.
    I've looked into these, but i couldnt really understand how the specular and diffuse maps are supposed to be set up along with the UV one. I have no clue if my textures are wrong or my material.cs

Here`s my progress...

- The console says that DDS files can only be sRGB. I don`t really understand what went wrong here, the files were exported from Gimp using DC3/DXT5 compression and generating mip maps.
    screenshot_00000.png
    -Despite said error in console, the head support from the seats has been coloured correctly, but the rest got chromed and didnt wrap properly.
    Notice that the center of the seats(the part i want to change colors) has its texture right and does change color, just not properly... it adds blue to the mix.
    for these shots all colors were set to red.
    screenshot_00001.png

-Trying to apply the same effect to the engine and brake calipers, it works a little better, but not perfectly as intended either...
    screenshot_00002.png

I am still working on it but any help would be greatly appreciated as trial and error doesn`t really work when one cannot find the errors.
    Zip is attached if anyone wanna take a look.

Note--> These parts come from @Djplopper `s mega pack. Since i really liked their HTI design, i started changing colors on them, but it`s only as a learning exercise to get to know how to do it to any part on any car. :oops:

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice