On Hold V10 Car pack 5.51

One engine, many vehicles, many parts!

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The turbocharger piping is going along nicely nicely:

It will feature a weird dual intercooler setup (one per turbocharger) just because I can.

Now, the only problem to solve is "missing materials" when the ETK I series isn't spawned in.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Okay, final progress update for today.

Model is finished,
    Now I'm working on a few configurations for the moonhawk and getting the window tint to cooperate.
    If I'll ge tht e tint to work, there will be the last update for this mod in the form of the moonhawk itself, next updates are going to bring other vehicles to the modpack.

Most likely after Christmas I'll start to learn about jbeam and a few hill climb musclecars are definitely on my to do list.
    What's better than 1000hp, RWD and extreme aero? :D

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

As I said yesterday...
    I've finished work on the Moonhawk for now, so I'm releasing an update!
    How log will it take to appear depends on @synsol.

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ai'Torror updated Moonhawk V10 Swap with a new update entry:

Keep it pretty!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Since Moonhawk is basically done, I've started work on the Burnside special :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. RenanC.

RenanC.
    Expand Collapse

I know it's to early to ask you, but i thought would be a good idea to put this engine in barstow

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Don't worry, It will be fitted to the Barstow as well :D

Here is my To-do list:
    1. Burnside
    2. Barstow
    3. Grand Marshal
    3. D-Series (I've gotten the permission to make my own version of V10 pickup from Djplopper - Mine will be more engine swap like with lowest available power output being at 600hp, where 600hp is the top of the line in his mod)
    4. H- Series
    5. Maybe I'll do ETKs, but very unlikely as I really don't like german cars
    6. I'm considering making an all out V10 Drag and drift spec 200BX I don't know if it will fit tho.

#47 Ai'Torror, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RenanC.

RenanC.
    Expand Collapse

200bx Would' be nice to see a engine swap... Anyway It's always good to see progress on this thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I don't know if I'll be able to release any of them before christmas, but before new year at least half of them should be done.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid that the big old V10 is going to have some troubles fitting in the engine bay.
    I'll have to make a custom hood, as the engine is way to tall. + there is no hope in hell in fitting those turbos in this tiny asian engine bay.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Burnside engine model is complete!

Now the only thing to do is some simple parts transfers and adding window tint.

You can tell me which car you would like to see next with this V10 engine in the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RenanC.

RenanC.
    Expand Collapse

"Barstow or if possible 200 bx"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Burnside Special update is waiting for Synsol's approval.
    It consists of about as many if not more custom parts than in the Moonhawk, but with only 3 configs as I don't have any ideas about possible configs.

14. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thanks,

Once I get some time tomorrow, I'll most likely add the fans for both burnside and moonhawk radiators, the same as try to fix the burnside special chopped top window tint and will most likely release a hotfix or even a whole update that maybe will add Barstow support too. We will see...

I'll also look into those connections again as back when I was making them I just wanted to quickly throw them together as I was about to rage quit the blender :D
    Now as I just about know what I am doing with blender, I'll try to slightly refine all of the piping.

Happy new year
    And greetings from Poland :D

15. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ai'Torror updated V10 Car pack with a new update entry:

Burnside update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

That's a tight fit :D
    Luckily only height wise, length and width wise it is alright :)
    I might be able to finish is today, as it seems like pretty straight swap from the Moonhawk :)
    --- Post updated ---

Test rig created, now onto moving over the misc stuff and fine tuning it to the Barstow.
    P.S. Don't try to go over 220-230 MPH with just 12 inch wide race tires, as it likes to suddenly lose control :D

17. ApolloSauce

ApolloSauce
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any plans for other types of forced induction? Such as a Centrifugal Supercharger or a roots style supercharger/blower? Or maybe just a tuned N/A intake? I love the mod, only thing I can ask for now would be some fender exit exhaust or bull horns that exit from under the fender. Keep up the great work!

18. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Test rig created, now onto moving over the misc stuff and fine tuning it to the Barstow.
    P.S. Don't try to go over 220-230 MP
    I might fit a roots supercharger on the burnside, but as for the other vehicles I'd maybe be able to sneak on centrifugal cupercharger from the Grand Marshal, as there isn't a lot of space in the engine bay left in most cases.
    Tuned N/A intake might happen, but adding 5 or 10hp isn't that big of a deal when it comes to a 650hp car.
    Different exhausts will happen as soon as I'l get around to learning how to jbeam.
    As it comes to the 200bx swap, I might just make a different hood for the N/A V10, but for the TT version there most likely will be just straight up turbos in your face approach as I won't be able to fit them in the engine bay. It will probably end up being just the crazier version of the corvette drag cart known on YouTube as "LEROY" - but that will not happen unless I learn how to jbeam.

#58 Ai'Torror, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  19. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm just sick of waiting half a week for reply in mod support, so the moonhawk might not recieve tinted lights and the barstow might lack ABS...
    I'm kind of loosing interest in modding due to overall lack of support, but I'll try to at least release the GM, D-series/Roamer and the barstow of course. You might have to wait a bit, since apparently noone cares about helping less expirienced modders.

20. RenanC.

RenanC.
    Expand Collapse

"Something it's wrong in this forum, I mean, aparentily they ( content creators) are more interested to fight whit each other, than to give a help for who really need. that's sad....

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice