On Hold V10 Car pack 5.51

One engine, many vehicles, many parts!

1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I like the mod but you should probably change the thumbnail because it does not only include the Moonhawk anymore.

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I know, I'm just forgetting to do it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Fixed :D

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Barstow is close to completion!
    Big thanks to @Goosah for help with ABS!
    Sadly, I'm still not able to find a way of getting the tinted taillights to work either on Barstow or Moonhawk, so you will have wait for them a bit more.

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Barstow update is ready to be released :D

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Okay guys, since the basic part of this mod is done and I'd like to learn a bit about Jbeam and advanced modeling, should I make a Burnside Special Ute conversion? (Inspired by the Cadillac DeVille Ute conversion and a bit after the first chevy el camino.
    It will be certainly a long term project, but I just want to see if anyone besides me is interested in seeing such a thing?
    --- Post updated ---

As of now I've gotten the basic roof-line set up.

6. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait for the Barstow to be released! Go Ai'Torror! :D

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Barstow release date is fully up to @synsol, as he is this mod's moderator. Update is now waiting approval :D

What do you think about the Ute conversion?
    Shoud I raise the sides of the rear end (which would result in slightly wider bed) or keep the body lines as they are and just make the functional bed size smaller?

#67 Ai'Torror, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I think raising the sides would give it more of the late 50's styling, especially if you make them look like fins. It would be a bit weird IMO to keep the current lines on the back with the bed, although I might be imagining things differently than you are.

9. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ai'Torror updated V10 Car pack with a new update entry:

Let there be Barstow!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ai'Torror updated V10 Car pack with a new update entry:

Barstow Drift edition fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---

This is about what I was thinking about.
    From the side it would kind of look like weird cupe with short passenger compartment and extremely large trunk basically.
    + I think that this would be the most likely way of it coming from factory, as this way it wouldn't rob as much in the way of rear visibility, as back then mirrors weren't really as important, as the ability to look back from your rear window.

11. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That seems like it would fit the car the best. I don't know how much you want to take design cues from actual cars, but the way that Holden made their ute is probably pretty close to what you might be trying to achieve

12. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

First shots of in game shots, just to see if i like the roof line.

13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Do those Utes share same wheelbase or do they have longer wheelbase?

I would love to see such Ute version, there is that recent Australian piece of road where such Ute would be at home, naturally sideways.

I don't know if file is any use for you (anyway sharing is caring), but I think if you take a wagon and a coupe, then mix them up, you have an Ute?

Ranchero is bit new, 1967 model, but I don't think general design principles changed too much, Fairlane 500 had 116 inches wheelbase and as you can see Ranchero had 113 inch, which is interesting as you would think it would be other way around. Not sure if that helps you in any way though, but I have some old material here.

Attached Files:

#73 fufsgfen, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  14. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Any plans for Gavril D-Series/Roamer/H-Series? I think I'm going to try make a V10 sound :D

15. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

They will be added in the near future.
    As for the sounds, if they will be better than the in game ones, then I could add them.
    --- Post updated ---
    I might slightly extend the rear overhang if even that. I'm trying to make it just a conversion style, so the frame will be left unchanged.

16. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

SRT10 inspired sound

17. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

That's nice I could use it for all of the straight pipe configs, could you also make a slightly muffled version too?
    And how does it sond at half throttle and with the turbocharged variant (which has highier redline)?
    I'm not able to test it now as I'm in the school currently but it sounds promising. Great job!

18. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Slightly muffled as in the same sound but just lower volume?

It only has separate off throttle and on throttle. When you're using half throttle, the on throttle sound came to overlay the off throttle sound. You can somewhat tune the volume of both audio using the soundgroup variable on engine jbeam.

Your turbocharged variant doesn't have higher redline, the NA does (at least with the Moonhawk version).

19. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

So I must have broken something with the moonhawk's engine as the turbo variant should have highier redline.... Ops :D

And what I've meant by muffled sound was that woth mufflers the exhaust note is a bit smoother than the straight pipe. There aren't poping as much.
    If it will mean a lot of work for you, then don't bother as changing thw main gain will do the trick too.
    --- Post updated ---
    I need to get a few beta testers so dumb mistakes like that don't happen :D
    --- Post updated ---
    But I'll wait till the forum situation is fully sorted out.

20. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing a simple tweak of Low Pass Filter in Audacity will do the trick. I'll do it in my spare time and see if it's any good.

Edit: wait, if you mean by popping is an annoying repeating clicking/distorted sound on right audio channel, it's the recording software's fault.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice