On Hold V10 Car pack 5.51

One engine, many vehicles, many parts!

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Top mount is what OEM does when space is at premium, that might save you some work in bumper making, but then again aftermarket solution would be bumper.

I guess it really depends if you want OEM looks or not.

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I don't really care about OEM looks as it is an engine swap (the APEX pack has the OEM style V10s, this one is going to be kept as an engine swap)

I'll most likely go for the top mount anyways and make some sort of a hood scoop to go along with it.
    I really want to avoid doing any Jbeam work, so top mount will be the best for it I think.

About here:
    --- Post updated ---
    Or like this:

This option is I think more likely, as I still like the idea of dual intercoolers :D

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I see you need to work also clearance issue of turbo and that inner fender, that is indeed quite tight fit :D

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yup, I already have copied the wheel tubs into the blender, and as soon as I'll know exactly how all of the piping from the turbos is going to go I'll just edit the tubs to fit them :D
    --- Post updated ---

Intercooler Piping is now done!

Now onto the hood scoop, wheel wells and moving around some of the stuff in the engine bay...

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

6. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Deleted...

#106 Nathan24™, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Got the hood scoop and wheel wells basically done, now onto setting up proper materials for it as now the scoop part is just using the Barstow's materials :D
    --- Post updated ---

UVs are now sort of working, I need to realign some of the stuff now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay it is done-ish for now...

I'm having problem with this weird textures around the whole hood even though I did only modify the centre which is actually fine...

8. Pege666

Pege666
    Expand Collapse

Hi. so which files i add that sound?

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Barstow engine does not die, if you split subframe and body you have engine far away that still runs perfectly, also does not get starved from oil either then.

It just purrs like a new motor.
    upload_2018-1-16_7-20-7.png

There was also something else, rear axle shaking when trying to accelerate over 100mph speeds, aero is getting bad over 120mph or so, which causes loss of rear end grip, maybe that track config needs some better functioning wing?

I did not found need for turbos, so removed them via part configurator, rest of that is track config of Barstow, or what is left from it :D

10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hmmm that is weird jbeam wise the engine is exactly the same as the stock one... I'll look into that.
    When it comes to aero, yes better aero is planned, I want to make full on hill climb specs of few of the vehicles, but that is after I finish with pickup and van.
    I'll also have to finally redo the turbos, as the current ones start overheating quite fast.
    --- Post updated ---
    + did you tryto replicate the same crash with normal barstow engine? As far as I know the engine starves out of oil only then it is upside down and ripping out the front subframe doesn't kill the engine untill.you hit the engine itself if I recall correctly.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just download the Addon from here and drop it into your mods folder. Then once you are in game just select the engine sound which you want under the exhaust category.
    --- Post updated ---

Hood scoop for the Roamer has been added.

11. Veyron730

Veyron730
    Expand Collapse

It works with every Barstow engine, so it must be a game bug.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Probably this, or maybe it is a 'feature'. Maybe it could be fixed by adding engine break beam between front subframe and rest of the car?

@Ai'Torror I did several crashes and sometime front part was upside down, reference nodes are probably in body part, so as that did stay upright engine did not get information of being upside down.

This thing did not get starved from oil.
    upload_2018-1-16_15-11-41.png

However it is not possible to move reference nodes to front either I believe, because front is a part in a car and car has to have reference nodes, not the part, but then again that starts to be close to jbeam and I would rather stay far of that if possible :D

13. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'll leave it how it is as it isn't that big of a deal and it happens with official parts too.
    The developement will get slightly slowed down due to scholl and so on, but during the next week or two Roamer and the D-Series should be ready.
    After that there is going to be the H series and then I'll be slowly going to be adding some of the jbeamed parts like wings and new exhausts and maybe bumpers.

Edit: I hate writing stuff with my phone!

#113 Ai'Torror, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  14. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Some last finishing touches are being done to the Roamer, tomorrow I'll make few configs and it will be ready for release!

If you have any particular wishes when it comes to the configs or paint skins just leave them below and I'll see what I can do.

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think this begs some stripes for a skin? Something to side and maybe hood/top?
    upload_2018-1-18_22-56-51.png

upload_2018-1-18_22-57-12.png

Just waiting that V10 power to do some mud bogging :p

This is color setting I used:
    upload_2018-1-18_22-59-20.png

Some V10 lettering would be nice too.

About turbo overheating, Diamondback told me once that just increase turbo damage temperature. However there is limit with that, one of the reasons I have not released my Banks super turbo is that stuff around turbo tends to catch fire...

16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'll look into the stripes for the Roamer/D-Series.

I'll also try to increase the damage temperature even more as this turbo overheating message is kind of annoying even though it doesn't affect the power at all (tested by driving a stage 1 turbocharged roamer at 232MPH for few minutes and the boost wasn't coming down at all.
    I don't know how my custom hood will play with hood stripes as the UVs are just about set up due to my lack of knowledge and blender skills. (they work, but they are all misaligned and I didn't find a way to align them easily)

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Only way I have managed to do UVs has been by face by face, then dragging vertex by vertex, takes ages that way.

To get aligment right, I did then render to texture, used that to paint a skin that had right, left, front, back etc. with lines and everything, then I redid UV mapping, so that I got everything right way around and where I wanted.

Probably there are lot easier ways for that, but with my limited skills that is what I came up with. You probably already have much better way to do it.

18. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Nah, I'm basically using the same thing.
    I forgot that I'm able to use the skin itself as a template for UVs to make it easier to align.

19. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I've decided that For this update I'm not going to make any custom badges yet...
    I have a lot going on in the school, so I'm kind of in a hurry to finish with all of the vehicles and badges aren't really that big of a deal especially when it comes to modified vehicles.
    --- Post updated ---

This update is going to include those 3 new rims (chrome, body color and black).
    As you can see the body colored ones have some troubles with their chrominess. (if anyone knows how to fix it please PM me)

20. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Time to get some configs made :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice