Vehicle stereotypes

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Oct 24, 2016.

1. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

its the S12 chassis only which is called a boat. and yes its a awesome car, I own one myself.

2. CarCrusher193

CarCrusher193
    Expand Collapse

mk1, mk2 or mk3
    Cool! I was thinking of buying one myself but i ended up with another cool car that was cheaper, Suzuki Ignus Sport, its a seriously under-estimated hot hatch

#22 CarCrusher193, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Gen. 3, here it is. In Glamorous Gold metallic no less.

It's the epitome of the girly car here in Italy. As a rather large-framed guy (6', 230 lbs, ex body-builder) I look nothing like a girl, so I get all kind of jokes from people who know me... ;)

Attached Files:

• ypsilon.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Renault 4: Sponsored by day drinking and getting shitfaced at 9 AM.

Peugeot 407 SW: If a parking ticket were a car.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, what do I see around here? Let me think.

Not a whole lot of common stereotypes, but there are a few.

5-10 year old minivans, usually driven by women in their late 50's - 60's, doing 5 mph under the limit and hitting the brakes on open highway for no apparent reason.

Newer Mustangs, teenage girls who got the car as a graduation gift and may or may not be very good drivers.

Newer Mercedes/BMW/Audi 4 door Sedan, out of town photocopier salesman is only passing through, but has no patience for tractors other farm equipment getting in his way from doing 75 while talking on his earpiece and messing with his $200 sunglasses.

03-newer Cummins powered Dodge trucks, which make up a solid third of all the vehicles around here, and driven by most everybody. Some are stock, some you can tell have some mods, like auxiliary fuel pumps, turbo work, and some kind of aftermarket exhaust, but usually without any major exterior mods, maybe some aftermarket wheels, but usually something like some Classic II's, or maybe different stock wheels.
    Usually Cummins Dodge's are either stock, or "tastefully" modded.

90 % of all Powerstroke Ford's are work trucks, company name on the door and a camper shell or full length toolboxes. Or, the other 10%, with a lift kit and some 33's or 35's and a straight pipe.

Duramax trucks are about 50-50, between stock and full douche-mode, nothing in-between.
    Either stock trucks driven by guys in their 50's, or the odd work truck or two.
    Then there are guys aged 18-25, with a 3 inch lift in the front, and an inch of drop in the rear, 4 LED lightbars, two on the roof, one on the bumper and one behind the grill, usually the bumpers, mirrors, grill, and pretty much everything else is painted the same color as the truck, usually white, red, or lime green.
    With anywhere from 20" to 28" inch Fuel or some other black or color matched aftermarket wheels with backspacing putting the wheels about 4 inches out from under the truck, with some kind of cheap M/T's that have about 2 inches of sidewall.
    Usually the only "mechanical" mods done are the exhaust, either a flat black 8 inch stack dead center in the bed, or they have a 7-8 straight pipe running out to rear, where it goes into a 12-15 inch barrel of a tip that makes the truck sound like Chewbacca, and usually some kind of either a chip, tuner, cheap eBay smoke switch, or just plain old wiring the blow off valve open so it can't build boost, and in turn, make a crap load of smoke.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Uh
    Stereotypes of the French cars :
    Peugeot : Poor grandpa cars
    Citroën : Rich grandpa cars
    Renault : Plastic pieces for hipsters-ecologists
    Dacia : Plastic pieces for poor people (and james may !)

• Like Like x 1
  7. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Everyone has done good ones so far so I'll have a go.
    I live in what is technically the most diverse city in the world so I've seen almost all of it. Here in Queens, NY,
    late model Toyota camry SE: driven exclusively as a fleet/Uber car. Thousands of these are being driven by middle easterners working for Uber or whatever app people drive for these days.
    Upscale audi/BMW coupes and sedans: again a lot of foreigners who either drive like they are dead, or are trying to become dead. Always texting always on the phone.
    Pickup trucks: mostly contractors or reasonable commuters. Nothing too crazy here.
    Volkswagens: these are the worst and my natural enemy as a Honda driver. They slam their cars lower than us and they put more stickers on our cars than we do. 75 percent of the "spirited driving" I do with other cars involves some kind of vdub blowing my doors off while I'm cruising.

Modified in some way 80s 90s Honda civic/Integra:
    Saved the best for last, this is where I fall into. 75 percent if the modded Hondas I see I put in the low and slow catagory. Cut springs or coilovers. Deep dish rims bought for almost what the car is worth. Rear camber that ranges from just a little more than useful to outright scary. Stickers. Rear subframe braces and the billet control arms you'd need to run a bigger sway bar (I'm guilty mine is stock). Loud ass exhaust systems that lead back to a stock 1.6 or 1.5 single overhead unit because who needs to go fast when your laying frame. The other 25 of the modded ones are swapped and usually less conspicuous. These guys swap sohc to dohc and range from fun grocery getter to fire breathing 4th gear spinning destroyers of world's and you never know who's who by just looking. Sometimes the drivers of these cars will post on the Internet about the virtues of making affordable cars fast, but really just can't afford a "proper" sports car ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Any Japanese SUV: Driven by an idiot who always cuts you off. (Nearly been in 4 crashes with Japanese SUV's in the last week)

9. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

2009-present Skoda Yeti: Comes with a pair of mountain bikes as standard on the roof
    *on the model shown here said bikes are removed for better fuel consuption
    IMG_1287.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

2000s Subaru Outback: official car of the Inland Northwest. Usually driven by an environmentalist who would like a Prius but can't afford one and/or can't drive in the winter and needs AWD.
    Most small cars: automatically hate me because I drive a truck and try to piss me off, especially when pulling a trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

Up here in canada, there is basically 2 types of cars. Big, obnoxious diesel trucks, and compact cars.

Diesel trucks: Overtake you on the shoulder on the highway, pull in front of you, and then floor it and get a bunch of black smoke in your face.

Compact cars: Drive 5-10 km/h under the speed limit, and are extremely cautious around trucks, so they don't rear end someone and get an exhaust pipe in their mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

Good luck finding one of these going over 35 MPH in America.

Attached Files:

• buick_century_manu_2005_03.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I can sort of second this, having had one in front of me on a twisty backroad. He was going over 35, but he was one of those people who taps their brakes every time they approach the speed limit, so I can only assume he didn't know about speedometers reading fast and kept creeping over 45 indicated, braking down, creeping up... or he was just afraid of corners, which unfortunately describes a lot of people in this state.

14. Tbonedude

Tbonedude
    Expand Collapse

Post-1975 Oldsmobiles are primarily driven by elderly ladies or gentlemen who may or may not be going senile (you know what I'm talking about). Supporting reference: My grandparents, who faithfully drove an Oldsmobile of some sort from the 1980s up to a couple years ago, at which point they gave me their '98 Cutlass and started daily-driving their Chevy Cobalt.

15. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Any large (or lifted, sometimes) pickup truck: Senile old lady or a guy who watches football at the sports bar every chance he gets.

Speaking from my 13 years of experience in the Florida panhandle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Any convertible: Rarely seen with the top down on a very nice day with not a cloud in the sky.

Speaking from my 19 years of experience in southwestern Ontario.

17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

anything exposed to whatever they put on the roads in ct during winter for a few years = pile of rust chips( think beater regency from olds mod)especially if it is a ford or doge from the 80's- early 2000's

• Like Like x 1
  18. p-p-potato

p-p-potato
    Expand Collapse

1990's Subaru Forester: Colorado's favorite car. Seriously, I went there and it made it seem like half of the population owns one, and the whole population knows someone who owns one.
    1990's Chevy Silverado: Your rich friends gardener's car.
    Hennessey's: That obnoxious neighbor you don't have to pretend to hate. Pretty much like a BMW driver.
    2000+ Mercury: Your Grandparent's. Both of mine own a Mercury they bought when it was new.

19. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Any Volvo wagon over 30 years old: Old married couple down the street that take it down to their nephews cottage

20. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I find old commodores are usually driven by bogan types Yes bogans aren't an Australian exclusive thing we have them here as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice