Vehicle stereotypes

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Oct 24, 2016.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

ford mustang: guy in his midlife crisis or someone who owns a bar
    Any peugot: Normally a young driver who got it from their grandparents or a teacher
    old BMW 3-series: either someone who got it as his first car and now rants at people who dont have one (happend to me alot because i dont drive one and am around that age) or a grandpa
    new 3 series: someone who works at bmw because noone else can afford one
    vw golf: driving school car or ricer
    bmw M3; M4: idiots
    bmw 5 series touring or a6 avant: insurance guy
    Merc C-Class or E-Class: Taxi driver

2. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

More like
    Mustang: Always crashing into crowds

3. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

In my place the 2011-2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser are common and mostly driven by rich Chinese people.

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Not where i live we dont really have car meets here

5. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

I was driving with my aunt and she honked at a pt cruiser convertible that was stopped at a green light for like 30 seconds and they flipped her off.

6. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Fight me

Minivan: can't drive even if their life depends on it
    Any truck with 20+ inch large offset wheels: pavement princess
    Mercedes G-Wagon: capable offroader that never does anything more than drive over a curb

7. Carlover0529

Carlover0529
    Expand Collapse

Usually in my area anyone who drives an FJ Cruiser is a 16 year old girl whose daddy bought it for her brand new, then on her 17th buys her a brand new Porsche Boxter

8. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, my place most of the luxury car like Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus and other were driven by rich Chinese people.

9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Citroen BXs are usually driven by poor old men and beaten to hell and back. Almost always these cars are used for hauling stuff in rural envoirments, since the suspension is so good for tough roads. Almost always the 1.4 gasoline version.

10. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

In our area it's the same with the Vauxhall Nova and the Land Rover 1980-2000

And there are a couple of ricers driving Hondas

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cool Username

Cool Username
    Expand Collapse

I live in a pretty affluent area of NJ, and the biggest car sterotype here is all of the highschool kids who drive brand new jeep wranglers. This stereotype is for girls and guys, but the girls drive white ones and the guys drive blacked out ones or red ones. I hate them so much because of this, as my school parking lot is full of wranglers and nothing interesting ever.

There is a guy who owns a mint corvette c3 though...

12. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

Even though hondas are ok. They are still the most riced car.

Stop the rice it kills.

13. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

You haven't seen the new York City Volkswagen crowd. I'm a pretty bad offender right now myself, but those guys are giving us a run for it. the Bronx still holds it down but it's getting closer. they are also guilty of much worse sicker crimes than we are. the Honda crowd usually has stickers from the performance part company who's parts they run, while the vdub crowd does the stupid shocker and other dumb trying to be funny hipster refrences that have nothing to do with cars. again, Im on jdm type r wheels and have carbon fiber hood and trunk, and until later this week I'm about 30 mm off the ground. I'm throwing rocks from the porcelain house.

14. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Similar where I live, the VWs are way more likely to be riced than Hondas. There are also a lot of lowered Subarus with mudflaps because rally car.

• Like Like x 1
  15. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I ate a vr6 golf for breakfast about a month ago. his 2 extra cylinders and 1200cc's didn't help him much. not an hour later I run a dodge Cummins (I think) from a dig, and even after I hooked up he was creeping away from me at a jogging pace. very little smoke, and it just seemed like it was running right.

16. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Riced Civic = Douche with hair dye
    Satuns = on the poor end of the middle class
    Honda Oddesy = Soccor mom with 3+ kids
    Fiat Panda = James May
    --- Post updated ---
    The ratio to riced Civics to VWs here is around 4:1, that's only Civics to any VW ever
    I pity all those ricers that have to have a towing company on their speed dial for when they go over a speed bump or on a road with an angle steeper than 20 degrees

• Like Like x 2
  17. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Subarus with hoodscoops are turbocharged. Forester 2.5XTs are actually pretty fast.

• Like Like x 1
  18. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

That was me last week. I bottomed out and broke my o2 sensor, which grounded out on the body of the car. blew fuses and all sorts of fun stuff. Drove another 90 minutes on battery power alone. I had a nice engine and needed a shell to put it in. the one I could get had nice coilovers adjusted way too low and the adjustment collars are rust welded stuck. it's great being slammed in a city with crap roads. I'll post photos when it's lifted back up should look absurd.

19. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Here riced hondas to riced vws is 100 vws to 1 honda im not joking we dont really have any hondas here

20. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

Sick Mate

#100 Mr. Avanzato, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice