Vehicle suggestions (See first post)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Donken, Aug 6, 2012.

?

It's possible to add a minivan from the 90s please?

1. Yes, it's possible.

85.0%
  2. No, it's impossible, sorry.

7.3%
  3. We are going to think

7.6%
  1. Moonkeey

Moonkeey
    Expand Collapse

I have many 3d here. If it helps, I put for download.

PS: All are high poly !

I have:
    VW Golf R32
    Nissan Skyline r34
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

All mapped and textured.
    And some Brazilian cars...

I make cars, wheels and engines for a another game: SLRR ( Street Legal Racing: Redline ).

--Edit

Look my lambo :
    View attachment 7406

#701 Moonkeey, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. firelover

firelover
    Expand Collapse

vehicle suggestions?

If you wants my vehĂ­cle suggestions,just read my signature ;-)

3. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

@moonkeey That Lamborghini looks nice! It would be awesome if you would put it in BeamNG.

4. airkewldking

airkewldking
    Expand Collapse

What about and old 60's bug?

5. raphael

raphael
    Expand Collapse

6. jeffmorris

jeffmorris
    Expand Collapse

How can you get into the Bigfoot truck? An elevator?

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Large American cars from the sixties and seventies

How about large American boats from the sixties and seventies? Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Lincoln, Mercury, Dodge....Demolition derby heaven!!!

8. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Re: Large American cars from the sixties and seventies

gabe is making some like that but they can't use real cars

9. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

10. J2OExcelsius

J2OExcelsius
    Expand Collapse

How about a tractor or a combine harvester?

11. Nevada

Nevada
    Expand Collapse

#711 Nevada, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. rossi46

rossi46
    Expand Collapse

i would like to see an e type jaguar t2 camper and last but not least a tank:)

13. MarkusPersson

MarkusPersson
    Expand Collapse

Add veichles like the M1-Abrams Army Tank

I wan't to destroy car's even more so I would like if you could add something like this M1-Abrams

I don't Care if it can shoot or not though.

14. Color Bars

Color Bars
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure many others have said this, but let's work on the GTA IV handling aspect of this game. I can't picture myself playing the races too long with the 'always on wet roads' feel that the cars currently have. I'd also like to see a V8 4wd truck that can drive up a hill faster than 12 mph...

Thanks!

15. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this.

I have spent hours, days, weeks, months, editing every single car in GTA to handle like it's real life counter part. And making performance oriented drift cars are my specialty. I'd go so far as to say I'm an expect with GTA code, they make it very easy to re-handle code a car from the ground up. I've made track cars like you wouldn't believe.

But, GTAIV is a game, and Beamng is a simulation. This means there's almost no comparison between the two.

Now Beamng:

Spending an hour or so editing and testing the engine and transmission code, can yield a very fun and predictable vehicle. So performance is user defined, as long as you can figure out the right variables.

But the handling...not so much. You can only go so far with the suspension, it's either too soft, or too hard. And the tires are extremely difficult to work with, especially once you think you have gotten the suspension right.

Now of course I understand the difficulty for the developers to scratch code things like this, let alone simulate real life. So I appreciate the effort that's been made to get us even this far, I surely am impressed with how incredible the simulation is, and very thankful for their effort and time.

#715 SleepyPickup, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  16. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Most games that have destruction derbies forget about making the actual derbying feel realistic. There should be proper cars with proper parts in the arena.

1961-73 Imperials were the toughest cars ever to step into the arena. From the factory, they will beat any car in a derby.in 1967, they changed to a unibody but were still ungodly tough in the front. And in 1974-78 they became a shocker just like the Chrysler Newport, new yorker, Gran Fury, and Dodge Monaco (Bluesmobile) There are also y-framer mopars from 1964-73 that weren't as good, but if you could plate the y's they were a bit tougher. Lots of guys like to run the 79-1983 Cordobas, Magnums, chargers, and imperials.

As for Old iron goes, 1979& older. Ford had some wagons that get ran, chev also has some wagons. I must admit, I know less about Fords and Chevs than I do mopars. But I know they had Chev Caprice sedans. In the 80's Ford had the LTD which is pretty popular now. The best 80's and newer cars are probably the 03 and newer Crown Vics due to the aluminum cross member in the front. Also in 80's and newer were the cordobas I spoke of earlier, as well as some of the newer new yorkers, diplomats, and gran furys.

Also, the cars could be rigged like real derby cars. For a weld class, you could plate the frame and body. or seem weld the factory welds in the frame. Add metal here and there. It'd be great to have headers/stacks coming out the hood of the car that produce that raw, loud, hair raising v8 roar. Slider shafts are now being used. They are basically an implement PTO shaft from farm equipment. These will slide in and out as the car bends so that you don't break your drive shaft. Very useful.

Sorry for the text spam and thanks for looking. I'll post a pic of a bubble vic, an action shot of some Imps, and a junked GM wagon.

Edit: I know that I've used specific car models and what-not... But I'm just trying to give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about. It's hard to explain because not just any car makes a good derby car...

#716 Mopower77, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  17. TheViking0086

TheViking0086
    Expand Collapse

International scout

In the 70's, my grandpa had a 1976 international scout, i wasn't alive then but I've heard awesome off-roading stories. He said it was a tank, my grandma was driving it once and she said a Amc Hornet was running a red light when my grandma was going 45 and she t-boned the hornet and totaled it and the girl who was driving it broke her wrist, as for the scout, there was a small dent in the right fender and a little bit of a scratch on the steel bumper. Also they took a "vacation" in it to Utah and found 25 ft sheer cliffs [like big stairs] and took it on them. My grandpa described it as, "take a 2 mph charge, as it goes down start braking and let the steel chassis take the impact, 50 more stairs to go!" So obviously, this truck means a lot to my family. I have no skill on making cars for Beam Ng Drive so if someone could make a scout for the game I would be the happiest guy :D! If someone is cool enough to do this please send me the link to the thread. Remember, this is just a suggestion, i'm not making anyone do this.

Here is some pictures of a 1976 International Scout 2
    View attachment 7952 View attachment 7953

18. isaacskrat

isaacskrat
    Expand Collapse

Re:cars

racecars :)

19. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

A fellow Ford fan per chance?

I'm currently modelling the mk5 Mondeo (2014 model) which is in the BeamNG.drive buyers special vehicles section. It's not in game yet, but is in progress. Hoping to have it in game before the end of this month, and maybe released before Christmas if I'm happy with it. It's my first ever modelling attempt so I'm taking my time. Here's a small taster: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/nukez/Blender/0309-1_zps5517f3ce.png

20. Killerchicken

Killerchicken
    Expand Collapse

Tanks?

how about tanks? (i know already said) but i mean like historical ones ... (tiger and stuff) could someone of the modellers try to get a chaintrack working and just a cube whit tracks to test it?

and what about swimming cars? and boats? (that sinks if dameged)

how about that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice