Vehicle suggestions (See first post)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Donken, Aug 6, 2012.

?

It's possible to add a minivan from the 90s please?

1. Yes, it's possible.

85.1%
  2. No, it's impossible, sorry.

7.3%
  3. We are going to think

7.6%
  1. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Re: European cars or european styled cars [read please gabester]

He is planning on making a few euro style cars (US spec), thankfully none of that modern crap yet, the more rounded corners the uglier it is IMO. Plastic doesn't help either.

2. Jester The Joker

Jester The Joker
    Expand Collapse

Re: Big trucks

some car ideas: delorian, '69 thunderbird, vw thing, vw beetle, amphibious vehicle, a modle of the first flying car and make it actually transform like it did irl here is a link: http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/world-flying-car-created-1949-sale-1-million-article-1.1375626, chevy el camino. also here are some non vehicle ideas, fix the f7 key if you aren't on your tires it will glitch and launch you up in the air of just not flip over, make a offroad rally map with jumps if any of these things are already made or wip please pm me with the links but I haven't seen any of these around on this game yet

3. b4nd of bullets

b4nd of bullets
    Expand Collapse

4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

5. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Re: Insane cars that deserve to be in the game...

One tiny little problem...I cannot model anything for toffee......I do not have the skills to make such a monster like that...

7. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

You can learn, everyone that does have the skills started somewhere. Be prepared to spend years before you get good.

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I will see what I can do its just that I have no hope in getting all the specs right...:(

9. Frallet

Frallet
    Expand Collapse

10. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

Although that car looks insanely awesome, I somehow doubt that's 1000HP...

#950 The Sturmovik, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  11. packardcaribien

packardcaribien
    Expand Collapse

I realize there are a lot of official cars already in development, but I thought of a pretty good concept - something that could serve as a general 'gangster' car and be to the Depression as the Moonhawk is to the Malaise Era. Excuse my rather messy hand-drawings - I can do much higher quality ones if anyone (especially an official vehicle artist) is interested. I cannot, however, model to save my life. I don't really expect anything to come of this, certainly not quickly anyway. Perhaps I'll let the sales copy do the talking:

Bruckell Caporegime.jpeg

Introducing the new 1933 Bruckell Caporegime. Performance! Luxury! Technology! All of these things and more are yours, for a price as low as $1200*. Why a Caporegime? Just take a look:

PERFORMANCE
    The Caporegime is a real firecracker, all right. Why, with Bruckell's smooth and reliable 6:1 360 cubic inch straight eight, it delivers 120 horses. After a trip through a full-synchro three speed transmission, torque-tube drive shaft, and hypoid rear axle boy does the rubber hit the pavement. Since those ponies are motivating a feathery 3000 lbs, the Caporegime Eight has the highest power-to-weight ratio of any production in the world! You'll be leaving the likes of Gavril in the dust!
    Or, for the economy minded buyer, there's the 270 cubic inch six, with a brisk 90 horses. You can cruise at comfortably at 70 mph, but still return a whopping 18 mpg!

LUXURY
    Don't let the price fool you, the Caporegime is still a big, comfortable car. With a 120 inch wheelbase floating on front coils springs and extra-long rear leaf springs, traditional Bruckell comfort is assured. Interior appointments include genuine cloth seats, standard heater, optional AM radio, optional dome light, and column shift. For luggage, no longer do you have to deal with a messy external trunk, with all those leather straps - now Caporegimes have a water-resistant storage compartment, suitable for carrying even bulkiest of six-foot long objects.
    Whether you choose the six or eight, all Caporegimes have quiet, smooth, and reliable flathead engines. No noisy or fickle overhead valves like a Soliad.

TECHNOLOGY
    Bruckell remains at the forefront of engineering sophistication, and the Caporegime line is no different. Caporegimes innovate everywhere. Hydraulic four-wheel finned drum brakes are standard, with optional vacuum assist. Full synchro transmission: gone is the double clutch. Modern downdraft carburetors. Full pressure lubrication systems. Efficient oil bath air cleaners. Adjustable front seats. Weather-sealed windows. Safety glass windshields. Dual vacuum windshield wipers. Available dual-note electric horn. Dual spare tires. Everywhere you look - innovations!

Why wait for the future? It's right here in Bruckell showrooms, today.

* Price for Caporegime Six roadster. Model as depicted is Caporegime Deluxe Eight Tudor Sedan, base price $1794

• Like Like x 1
  12. packardcaribien

packardcaribien
    Expand Collapse

View attachment 17120

^I made a thread for this in the official suggestions, thought I'd copy it to here^

13. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

Someone should totally make this! Good job on the drawings and description.

14. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

my god, someone's actually put effort into a car suggestion for once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Always been planning to make some pre-war cars :) I like your advertising write-up; sounds believable, though I think the horsepower ratings are a bit too high. A Ford V8 was only making 100 hp in 1949. In 1933 you'd be lucky to see 60-80 hp out of a similar-sized V8, especially in a "common" car like this. Also, prices would probably be about half (a 1933 Ford was $450-650)

• Like Like x 2
  16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ahem Dyno Charts read 1070 BHP....at the start of the video if you pause it and look at it :)

17. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

18. packardcaribien

packardcaribien
    Expand Collapse

Ah, well that's because I wasn't really drawing from, ahem, "common" cars :eek:. This is more like an upper-middle class type car (at least the straight eight prices - the $1200 is for the six, the eight is $1700 plus in the fine print), inspired by the expensive mid-priced cars (Studebaker Dictators & Essex-Terraplane Eights) and the cheaper expensive cars (Packard Light Eights/120s and Marmon Model 79).

For example, a 32' Marmon 79 had a 110 hp 303 ci engine, and a 1934 Packard had a 120 hp 320 ci eight. I combined those type of large engines with a smaller, lighter body in a similar idea to the Essex-Terraplane Eight - but still bigger than a Ford/Chevy/Plymouth ;). For the six, well, I just multiplied the ci and hp by 3/4, assuming they shared basic architecture. A lot of the other engineering innovations are based off of the cheaper Packards as well.

I chose Bruckell because it seemed the most luxurious of the three existing American brands, but if something else seems better for a decadent bourgeoisie ride like this please go ahead.

#958 packardcaribien, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  19. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

What about a really old car...like the 1886 Benz Paten-Motorwagen?

20. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Bruckell would be at the same tier as a company like Chevrolet or Plymouth - I think Burnside would be the more luxurious brand (it's Gavril's now-defunct luxury marque). But then I haven't finished coming up with car companies ;) There could be a luxury brand owned by Bruckell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice