1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

version 0.3.7.X - feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

it does it to me aswell during the day

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I think there is an issue with the nightcubemap trying to load regardless of the time. Selecting stuff on/off in the editor still will not save correctly.
    Try de-selecting nightcubemap in the sky and without restarting the game see if it goes away.

3. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I was using the free fly feature and looked all around the river but never found that little swamp area. Is the swamp in a huge cluster of trees? Or is is near the village? What landmark building is closest to the swamp?

4. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, a level will only load if its .mis file has the same name as the folder it is in, otherwise you will get the unresponsive grey screen of death everyone is complaining about. Other than that, absolutely loving the new updates.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The gas station is quite close and the swamp is not entirely covered by trees, keep in mind that the watery area is greenish though, so it looks a bit like grass from above.

6. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

How good is the FFB currenty, i dont have a wheel anymore i regret selling it till this day.. I wish someone would put a video up showing the force feedback or atleast them drifting around a track so i can see how good the ffb is. Considering getting a g27.

7. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I finally found the swamp. It is very very well hidden.

8. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

I am using a G27, its very weak on some cars but stronger on others, but overall it has made driving way better and quite realistic, the standard bolide feels almost the same as my MR2 irl:)

9. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

In the update it says it fixed the bug where you can only take one part off at a time, but I took off the left door off the d-15 then took off the right and the left went back on. So maybe its not fixed just wanted to let you devs know about this:)

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Which parts configurator are you using? I think we have two, and one is still broken... I think the one opened by hitting CTRL + W should have that bug fixed, unless we pushed an outdated version.

11. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

The parts config is glitchy but does function. To make it work, you have to make your selection twice - otherwise there's a discrepancy between what the car has and what the part config shows. The more parts you change, the more unstable the parts config gets.

Also CTRL + W and the UI button both open the same parts config with the same problem.

12. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

I'm using the one from the UI i'll try CTRL W right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried CTRL W it did not work but I did it twice like randomshortguy said and that worked so thank you both:)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so for the t-65 i took off left door then right and left went back on then took off left again and they were both off, then I took off the left side step and both doors went back on so i took off the right side step and the left side step went back on but doors came off then I took off the left side step and right and left side steps were off and both doors were off.

So it seems you have to play around with it and you will get what you wanted to take off.

Sorry if its confusing but I tried to explain it the best I could:)

13. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Thing:
    Screenshot - 22.02.2015 - 22:04:15.png
    Well that is new
    Nothing you can actually do about, i just found it and the report interesting.
    Did go onto the edge of the big ass loop (the tunnel end) and this happened. (actually, the physics froze as said, but i did reset car, with this mesh damage (n/b was ok, mesh was puf)

Did not anyhow edit the N/B of wheels or suspension, all is stock GM jbeam

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Pressure wheels have some odd instability problems ATM - we're working on it :)

15. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

I think he is refering to the mesh damage cars tend to suffer from when they are being auto reset after a physics instability.
    If you don't know what I am talking about, I'll go and make a quick screenshot :)

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, I know that bug too. Seems the flexbody isn't being reset properly. You can fix it by reloading the vehicle for now.

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Not really a version specific thing and may be a known issue, however the sunburst rear door is lacking any real detail that the front one has and it also has some strange chrome mapping issue on the edge of the door c pillar. There is also some pretty bad texture artifacting. The front and rear doors could also benefit from a rough plastic effect like the dash or even a two tone dark and light plastic as the current has overly plain specular and is just fake looking.

Also while on the topic of interiors the I feel interior shadows are overly strong and black out the interiors far too much, but that's a longer term thing.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00035.png
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

On top of that.... do you get the impression that the doors are out of place? Looking at your screencap I just noticed. Cars have a lot of plastic panels on the inside... just little bits and pieces. The interiors of all vehicles seems half realized, and a little TLC on the insides of the pillars would fix it up nicely. Plastic moulding, seat belts, handles etc. Some things that would just add to the interior detail.

modp_0808_09+2005_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti+interior.jpg

19. mrboojay

mrboojay
    Expand Collapse

Was the mod folder under steamapps/common/(etc)/ made completely depreciated with the latest update? Because none of the mods I have there work now.

20. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been playing for a while, and now tested the new tire model and the other improvements, and I'm quite suprised :) Cars do feel much better now, even the Bolide does feel really good now, perfectly balanced :) And the Sunburst, it's great! (When disabling the ESC, it causes a wobbly feeling and tends to destablize the car more than stabilizing it, I think. I've been looking in the code for the ESC, makes sense this happens the way it is coded now, as it tends to apply the brake on the wrong wheels atm :) ) The ABS slow speed problem was found, like gabester said some pages before, that's great, too! :)
    Definitly great work there! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice