1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

version 0.3.7.X - feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbimmerm

cbimmerm
    Expand Collapse

For me the same. Most of my mods (some mod cars weirdly aren´t touched) are persistently moved to "unknown_files_user_backup.0.3.7.7"

So if you have no decided to give up the mod Support, i want my money back :p

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The new update deletes cache first. In the process backs up your mods to that folder so you can simply reinstall them...

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I discovered some fun phantom forces that come out of bending the car's frame and especially messing up the suspension of a car. So after a rollover and crashing it into something, you can make any car do this. and I couldn't help but deliberately choose a questionable piece of music to go with it.

#263 Hati, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Oh i had great fun disusing that as a way of entertainment.
    Jumping a marshal off the big jump behind spawn and setting pluto gravity afterwards does the trick.

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

It kinda makes me want to build a roundabout that gets up to a ridiculous speed over the course of a few minutes, say 0 to 30,000rpm in 5 minutes, just to watch a car secured on top get slowly torn apart by it's own inertia.

6. mrboojay

mrboojay
    Expand Collapse

I habe this happen every time I colide into something at a slightly acclerated speed.
    beamNG error.jpg
    In this case I came down a hill, front of the car hit the road, then I guess it freaked out because the rear was coming down. It usually crashes when the collision is just about to happen.
    BeamNG error 2.png
    This of course makes the game almost unplayable.

EDIT: OK I had Netflix going while playing the game, and while Netflix was up it seemed to have fixed the issue, and after netflix. Or maybe the PC has to be further woken up or something after sleep mode? (which doesn't make much sense logically)

#266 mrboojay, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. Flex

Flex
    Expand Collapse

I would like to know what is going on with inputmaps.
    From what I have heard, since the last stable version, a new inputmap and in-game controls system is being developped, so the old system is not working anymore at the moment. Is that right ?
    A lot of people found temporary fixes making some types of controllers still work, but not all of them, and I have not managed to make mine work (logitech dual action, btw). I'm stuck with the keyboard.
    So, I would like to know : will the new inputmap system be ready anytime soon ?

8. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

I have a walkaround for inputmaps, if you want to master the great power of emulating other controllers send me a PM.

9. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Did some laps around Small Island in the Ibishu Covet Rally to push the tires to their limits and see how the new physics update feels. I must say, things feel so much better when cornering or accelerating. The grip doesn't just disappear like it used to and I was able to get a full 10 seconds faster than my old times due to how much more speed I could take through the corners and all of the extra time I could spend accelerating. The veering problems seem to have been solved for most of the vehicles as well. The Bolide 390 GT still has some veering problems around the 130+ MPH range, but you can let it accelerate on grid map without steering and it won't spin out, so it's significantly improved. It's weird, but the 350 GT actually seems to feel more stable at 130+ MPH speeds.

Edit: Some random notes, I've been having some weird reflectivity issues with the cars and windows. Sometimes the paint will lose its shine and the windows will get dim, and it'll keep switching back and forth in certain circumstances. Also, when doing reverse donuts or peeling out with the parking bark in the Ibishu Covet Race, the front wheels start to wobble violently.

#269 Spec Racer Z, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  10. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

390 could use some proper downforce on the back as those slightly wider wheels don't really provide enough grip to utilize it's engine power well.

11. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Win 8.1 pro i72600k 3.4 quad core sandy 8gb ddr5 vengeance gtx 560ti G27 - force feedback setting randomly reset once every 15-30 minutes. Simple fix is to open the game controller settings and hit OK and go back to the game. Also, on default settings, the force feedback feels a bit too strong. Settings of the vehicle need to be selected twice (ex: choosing supercharged version of the v8 once brings it back to the standard v8. Do it again, and it stays. Ctrl+r brings the transmission setting back to automatic. Is there a way to have a vehicle load with the manual setting (when the vehicle has the option)? Speedometer needle is jittery during acceleration in some vehicles.

EDIT: not only does the FFB reset, the steering wheel goes off center.

#271 1UZ-FE, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice