1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

version 0.3.X released :)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by tdev, Aug 27, 2013.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Re: version 0.3.0.4

It sounds like the shortcuts got messed up :( Try running the launcher (it should be in the start menu, hopefully) and I think it will fix up all your shortcuts.

Either that or the .exe is actually missing, in which case: run the updater.exe in the main game folder and it should restore any missing files.

2. Singh336

Singh336
    Expand Collapse

Having a weird error popping up with the latest version,

When loading a map, any map at all, get a pop up error on desktop

"failed to load resource"

and its usually a .dae file in random terrain folders...

It was working fine earlier today after the latest update, I installed the porsche 911, worked fine, installed ultimate tests map, then error came, but it comes for any map.

I'll remove the newest map and see what happens but im betting the same result.

Ran the updater and still have same issues.

-------------------------

EDIT:

I found the pure grid map loads fine...

Tried to load another map after, and a .dts file showed up under the file path for a "failed to create resource" error.

very strange, I guess i could reinstall

EDIT 2

realized two of the maps i downloaded are creating this issue, very strange.. so it works without these maps... but not with.

Mountains / Insane tests

#222 Singh336, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Just released 0.3.0.5, fixing a few bugs (including the Moonhawk camera shaking). Full changelog here: http://wiki.beamng.com/Changelog

Run the updater (update.exe in the game folder) to get it.

4. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

• improved sand/mud to behave better: fixed density, etc

Interesting...this should be fun! Thanks for the update.

5. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

Its awesome now, with enough speed/torque/HP etc. you can 'ride' the surface (wheels about half a foot under the mud/sand).
    So it acts more realistic imo. Did the mud pit get more shallow? tried to get sunk into it but couldnt get as deep as i was in the sand. maybe its the Crawlers im using, to big of tires and to much power wont let it get down there? not sure. Other than that its getting there, the mud pit i think is still a bit to 'liquid' looking and feeling (not using my wheel yet, idk why i havent mapped it especially for this sick game). Other than that, good stuff!

6. Colonel_Potter

Colonel_Potter
    Expand Collapse

Confirming the camera shake after crashing the Moonhawk hard is now fixed. Also noticing a marked improvement when you do crash any of your vehicles hard. Used to get a very brief period of lag as you hit, but that is all but gone now. Loving the improvements being made. Keep up the good work guys.

7. MadlyFlyingCows

MadlyFlyingCows
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I tried running it from the start menu as well and it does the same thing. When I updated it, it removed the .exe file so I uninstalled the original, redownloaded and reinstalled it completely which also removed/disabled the .exe and disabled the updater as well. I attached a picture of the files for the game so you can tell me if this is just a mistake on my part that I can fix.

Attached Files:

• BeamNG problem.png
  8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Really strange :( Run the launcher? If you have no update.exe you can't update the game. Try another fresh reinstall I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Minor update released, still part of 0.3.0.5. Fixed the hood hinges on the Covet and Grand Marshal (they were built wrong), fixed some minor problems with the Moonhawk, and reworked the Moonhawk torque curves.

9. TomiL88

TomiL88
    Expand Collapse

I also lost the updater after 0.3.04 update. It renamed the update.exe -> update.exe.old. I deleted the "old" part and now it works.

10. MadlyFlyingCows

MadlyFlyingCows
    Expand Collapse

I tried that as well but it still didn't work

11. bellybuttonpoke

bellybuttonpoke
    Expand Collapse

I had the same issue on a fresh install too. Renamed by removing old...ran the updater and then ran the launcher

12. MadlyFlyingCows

MadlyFlyingCows
    Expand Collapse

Even when I do that I'm told "unsupported protocol"

13. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that the Bruckell is able to drive under water without shutting off, like the other cars cannot since the updates.:confused:

#233 Holland, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  14. 69vistacruiser

69vistacruiser
    Expand Collapse

DONT HAVE BUKRELL MOONHAWK please help

15. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

You need to run the update in order to get the Moonhawk. To run the update (if you don't know how to), right click on the BeamNG.drive icon on your desktop, open file location, and at the bottom you should see "update", not the update notepad, the update application, look here:
    4qK5m.png
    Hope it helps.:D

16. Craftworth

Craftworth
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to disable camera rotation, when car moves rear?

17. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It is on the to-do list to fix this behavior :)

18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We have released a minor update - lots of minor fixes and improvements for all vehicles, including much better Bolide handling :)

19. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, updating now. :)
    Edit: I got a huge amount of errors when changing graphics settings, but nothing actually happened in-game yet.

20. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Wow Gabe! No kidding!

The swaybar on the Moonhawk no longer moves through the frame, and I want to say the steering is much stronger as well?

I swapped in my crazy engine file just to see what happens, for a comparison I suppose. The rear wheels still wobble but I don't care about that, but yeah it seems the front end handles a lot better? Very awesome, thanks a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice