1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Version 0.8 rolling in ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r00t, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Oxnitron

Oxnitron
    Expand Collapse

Yes I have it on "disabled" but that doesnt change the main menu resolution (where you chose the playmode campaign, freeroam etc)

Edit: Im not sure if you can see it but the resolution on the first screen (on gridmap) is 1440p while the 2 menu screens are 1080p

Attached Files:

• Beamngsettings.png
    • Mainmenu.png
    • menuselect.png
    #61 Oxnitron, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Oxiel667

Oxiel667
    Expand Collapse

Good to all, excuse my bad English .... well, I'm very happy with the new update! But I've had some problems since then, it may be me since from what I've seen nobody has commented on the problems I'm having. For starters, I love playing in freeroam mode and before the update everything worked perfectly, but now I've been failing the game a lot, the sound is bugea, I can not listen to music and play at the same time, the indicator Changes are stuck (not the marches, the indicator) the configuration menu takes years to load and when it does get stuck, the control menu of the vehicle also locks me, when I change a vehicle and the modification is completely inconducible and among other things. Delete the game and reinstall it, but the problem persists. It costs me a little detail but my problem is that I do not understand much English, I'm from Latin America and then ... the whole game is in English haha. I hope someone can understand my message and can help me.
    regards

3. Oxnitron

Oxnitron
    Expand Collapse

Did you delete all mods?
    I dont think mods will be uninstalled if you delete the game because they are in a seperate folder.

Default location should be C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Main menu resolution is always capped at maximum 1080p for technical reasons.
    The cap doesn't affect normal gameplay.

Completely remove your 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive' folder.
    If problem persists, do a clean reinstall: http://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_perform_a_clean_reinstall.3F

5. Oxnitron

Oxnitron
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok

I just noticed that the vehicle damage app doesnt show:
    - the engine damage (for all cars I tested)
    - driveshaft damage on the d-series, h-series and roamer

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

7. Oxnitron

Oxnitron
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
  8. Everettc45

Everettc45
    Expand Collapse

I know the difference between the two. I'm trying to say that the cars with a gear lever and a clutch shift far too quickly and snappily than they should. I don't want the clutch and throttle to be automatic, but without them it feels like a DCT; instant and sharp. As for the tachometers and throttle in general, there used to be a small amount of delay between pedal movement and tach/RPM change. Now it is as if these old carbureted cars suddenly became fuel injected, which is a HUGE difference in both feel and performance. I'm fine with the engine stalling mechanic, but all I want is to be able to shift on my own, without it being jerky and snappy. Literally just how it was before this update.

9. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Well of course, if you are shifting without clutchting it's going to be fairly fast. However, it won't be long before your gearbox starts breaking gears, so you can't do that forever.
    We decided to not block shifts without clutching but instead always force them (this is much easier and less confusing from a gameplay perspective). Instead it adds up damage and eventually (sooner rather than later) it will start breaking your gears.

Throttle response has not been altered in any way, probably just a placebo :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice