Very noobish question

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Chernobyl, May 26, 2015.

1. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

I was just wondering, why are there no very large vehicles in the game yet like monster trucks or school buses. Is it due to the very high polygon count, obviously low fps?, or is something needed to make them? Or have people just not got round to it yet? I'm not asking "PLZ CAN SAOMEONE BILD ME A MONSTA TRUCK TO KILl A PRIus WITh" I just wanna know why nobody has got round to making them.

2. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

There have already been monster trucks. Made out of the d15 for example, with working sus and all.
    Then there is that Star was battle 7wheel thingy, is that not bug enough?

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Polies in the model isnt an issue. Well, it is, you don't want too many polies on screen, but with the poly density of most vehicles, a monster truck or schoolbus won't be an issue, even the T75 is within the limits.

Well really, we do have monster trucks as is. Havent checked if they work in current game version. But drowsysam made 3 over time. They're just trucks with bigger wheels and jacked up suspension really. A true tube frame monster truck might have a slightly more detailed JBeam but I dont think they'd compete with the T series.

Schoolbus, poly wise fine. JBeam is the problem. It would have more nodes in it than a T series does.

More nodes and beams in a JBeam = more lag, unless you have a powerful CPU.

EDIT:
    Oh just remembered. There used to be issues with making massive hubwheels. Dunno if that still persists or if pressurewheels handle it any better.

4. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Ok thanks both of you. Yeah 6677 I did mean the proper monster trucks not just the converted d15. I knew they existed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice