Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by JJJ11, Sep 19, 2025.

  1. JJJ11

    JJJ11
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2025
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Beamng community,

    I am a licensed mental health practitioner working with exposure therapy to help people overcome driving anxiety after motor vehicle accidents. I came across Beamng as it seemed highly recommended both in its realism and strong modding community.

    I have never used Beamng before, so I am hoping for some recommendations regarding mods and general advice with creating an immersive, realistic driving simulator experience. Ideally, the ability to load different driving scenarios, such as an empty practice track, suburban roads, and/or a city map - including pedestrians, other cars, the ability to adjust weather as well as time. The ability for them to free drive, and potentially encounter roundabouts, intersections, traffic lights, opportunities to practice parking, and motorways. I am hoping to put together these recommendations to present to my managers, so that this can be an additional option for the people I work with to help them.

    I own a logitech driving wheel, pedals, a good solid work laptop, and meta quest 3.

    Thanks all in advance! Please remove if not allowed.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice