WIP Beta released Volvo 240

Discussion in 'Land' started by 93Volvo240, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Sedan and Wagon?

1. Yes

98.7%
  2. No

2.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

You should remove the old file from the OP, there's two and it's quite confusing. Also I wish there was OEM wheels

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Isotopius

Isotopius
    Expand Collapse

Eventually, I'd love to see different front end options for the different markets (i.e USDM sealed beams, quad rounds, etc.)

New model looks fantastic and I can't wait to see how this mod continues to grow!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

That is definitely planned for the future! As a coffin hood with quad square owner myself, I can't resist adding that in game. Of course, the current direction is to just work on and complete all 240s that are 86+ model years. Unfortunately, the different fascia designs change more than the headlights and grille, so its gonna be a bit of work, but nothing that's not out of reach!

Anyways, thanks for your kind works, I hope my model exceeds all your expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rafek

Rafek
    Expand Collapse

The model looks very decent, great job and good luck on this

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ZakBax

ZakBax
    Expand Collapse

I can't tell if someone brought it up earlier (because screw reading 30+ pages of replies) but I'm guessing the shifters are just busted? Can't seem to get either the automatic or manual ones to appear despite attaching them via the parts list. Either than that and the gauges, it's a decent mod overall.

6. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, I love the look of the picture with the 3d scan lines on the IRL Volvo. It reminds me of some of the template skins from mods for American Truck Simulator

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

After using the mod for a bit, I gotta say it has some glaring issues; the wagon model looks really strange and squared off, almost like a hearse. There is odd shading on the rear quarter panels for the sedan, there are left over LeGran parts named "FWD" even though it's RWD, and the AWD still exists. Others things are the doors don't open from the inside, and on the outside the buttons don't line up with the handle. Also I'm confused on why all the configs are hidden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

I know quite a few people are probably going to gloss over it, but please read my message about redoing this mod from the ground up. This also probably means, no major changes are going to be made on the current mod as all resources are going into the rebuild

• Like Like x 1
  9. Isotopius

Isotopius
    Expand Collapse

Awesome to see another coffin hood owner! Here's a shot of my girl.
    (You already know I'll be recreating it once that's done, haha)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

Excited to see this go to the next level :) Looks great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

I don’t have one of these, but I pass one almost every day on my way to school, like yours, but white.

12. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

Would be cool if you were to implement the 245t ( 245 Transfer )
    Just an idea, not expecting it to happen :D

Made by either Volvo, or Nilssons (the company that makes Hearse´s Limo´s The LWB Executive and ambulances.
    This was usually used for Taxi, but I grew up in the back of one :) My parents didn´t want a minivan, so they first had the transfer, as it seated 2 extra people in the middle. After that we had a 740 limo, later a 940 limo.

If it was made by Volvo, it had a lump on the roof, as seen here. (Nilsson´s model had a flat roof)

The extra 2 seats were foldable, and had no seatbelt.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mark741222

mark741222
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for asking this, and Might be Confusing you all of a sudden!
    I've always been a fan of Both Volvos and how its Body structures are So Much Safe! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    And Ever since Joining the BeamNG Community, I've Wanted to Make one to see How real, and Safe can it get!
    But Sadly, I Haven't ever Tried modeling on my own (T-T)
    then, When I was Wandering the Community, I Have Found this thread! ∑(゚Д゚)

and I've Always Wanted to ask : Could I take part in the Creation of the Jbeams? m(_ _)m
    If not possible, Can I have the permission to customize it?ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"

Forgot to mention! (^-^; because I'm a Japanese trying to learn the English language,
    please understand some language issues(T ^ T)

Thank you So much for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  14. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

Always open for suggestions for the future of the mod. I never heard of the transfer edition of the 240. I have heard of the hearse 240 wagon which I always thought was cool. I will add this to my idea list!

How experienced are you in j-beam creation? I would love to have an experienced j-beam artist on board of this mod. Definitely want to make this mod as accurate as possible, and that includes an accurate jbeam to recreate a similar structure of a 240. Let me know!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mark741222

mark741222
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the opportunity! (*゚▽゚)ノ
    I've been learning the car body structure for about 2~3 Years, and
    Let me show you a glimpse of what I know about the body structure, and how to recreate in BeamNG!

Firstly :
    Recreating the Main components in the Small overlap structure of the Volvos (・ω・)ノ
    One thing that a Volvo Always tend to do in small overlap, is definitely the "Sliding move" that you may know!
    Which is this :

RPReplay_Final1707190158.mp4

And they will work in combination with Front lower suspension arm, detachable ball joints, and Upper wheelhouse member!
    Let me teach you simply on how it worksヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
    There's these parts consisting of main side member, strut mount, a guide, and a wall!
    Untitled169_20240206131330.png
    And if the wall comes into contact…
    Untitled169_20240206131640.png
    the Guide will start to be crushed in!
    And because the guide will try to Pull the strut tower in and the wall will try to push it…
    Untitled169_20240206132303.png
    They will start to form a "Wedge" Shape that will eventually deflect the entire vehicle from the wall! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    Untitled169_20240206132509.png
    This will require Both A strong Strut mount (Wheelhouse) and Main side member to work,
    But because of beamNG's Physics properties, That utilize "Nodes" Which only activate its "collision" when The coordinate value of both Oncoming hitbox object and a Node are the same, even though this Volvo 200 Series have a different, and more simplistic one, Both of Them is sadly impossible:;(∩´﹏`∩);:

And I had to come up with an entirely new type of front structure, Which is this :
    Untitled169_20240206134813.png
    Beams in Lime green and Light blue leading from the Blue Noclip nodes, is the Rail,
    (transparent green/red beams are its structural supports)
    Pink Nodes are SlideNodes,(Those with the letter N means noCollision slideNodes)
    Beams in grey Connecting SlideNodes are for activating the L-Beams,
    And Beams in Orange are the L-Beams!
    Firstly, The wall will NoClip Through the Noclip slidenode
    Untitled169_20240206140051.png
    And the Wall will start to push the slidenode on the outer side!
    And then, The slidenodes on the inner side will start to push the wall ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
    (Forgot to mention, This is possible utilizing the properties of L-Beams, which will fix the angle difference(compared to their spawned angle) of 2 connected beams\( 'ω')/but do not fix extension/compression of either or both! In this case, grey beams connecting slidenodes have fixed angle here ∩^ω^∩)
    Untitled169_20240206140255.png
    And by the time the slidenode on the outer side, which the wall has first hit, reaches the end,
    The vehicle should've been deflected to the side ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘
    Untitled169_20240206140904.png
    And this sums up what I did in my car deflecting structure attempt!ヽ(*^ω^*)ノ
    And my Jbeam creation Capabilities!

And About how accurate can it get, Thankfully because of the era's limitations,
    It shouldn't be as hard to recreate visual realism as well! (^^)
    And more thankfully, LeGran's Front structure crash geometry is Super similar to the one Real life 200 series had!
    Such as : Wheelhouse that bends Inward during a crash!
    Front bumper beam(also known as Front Bumper Support) fully extended to the edge of the bumper!
    (to help absorb the energy from any theoretically possible angles(`・ω・´))
    Subframe that crushes in the inner main frame/ inner floor pan at the same time as the wheels' backward crushing, and Minimizing the Side cell damage!
    So Basically this!
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    (2000 Volvo S80 IIHS Moderate)
    Deformation Data
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    (To prepare for small overlap, as subframe can't be deformed and has to have great amount of rigidity in that scenario! that's why it's connection point to the main frame is super rigid! and also for Minimizing intrusion to the footrest!ヽ(´▽`)/)

I Hope this brief explaination on Small overlap structure and a bit of others is
    going to show you How obsessed I am with the body structure ψ(`∇´)ψ

What should be added (for example) :
    Add the same inward crushing crush geometry to the rear!
    Reinforced door upper hinge and latch!
    Each of the 6 pillars of the vehicle being able to resist 1300 kgs of force!

Thank you, So Much for Taking your time reading!

Attached Files:

#615 mark741222, Feb 6, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  16. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

I am back again after a bit more work on the model. I figured I would give yall an update just to keep this thread alive and active!

Things completed since last update:
    Engine model
    Engine bay accessories
    transmission
    front suspension
    interior retrofited
    side marker lights
    misc trim
    door interiors
    rear bumper

Things that still need to be completed before game implementation begins:
    Rear end suspension
    Taillights
    Mirrors
    Wagon body
    other misc trim

upload_2024-2-12_21-10-27.png upload_2024-2-12_21-10-56.png upload_2024-2-12_21-11-11.png upload_2024-2-12_21-11-23.png upload_2024-2-12_21-11-40.png upload_2024-2-12_21-12-12.png upload_2024-2-12_21-13-55.png upload_2024-2-12_21-14-15.png upload_2024-2-12_21-14-49.png

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this little update!

• Like Like x 11
  17. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

Looks really great! Do you want inputs? (Asking, since if you don´t I wont say anything) Really excited to see this :)

18. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

@93Volvo240 I'd love to help with the gear ratios, transmissions, intake, and other powertrain parts. I don't know if you have anyone working on that

• Like Like x 2
  19. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

Feel free to shoot whatever inputs you have

20. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

So I can be very nit picky about details. So if you don´t agree, that´s fine :)

One thing I noticed is that the front end is a bit to "flat" (like the 740) on the real car headlight leans back more. (meaning that the bottom of the headlights, sticks out further than the edge of the hood)
    It´s not a big thing, but just something I noticed.

Again I am really thankful the mod is even being made.
    Anything I can help with, I am more than happy to. (Sadly I´m no modder lol)

For reference:

Vs the real car.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice