Volvo 242 Turbo

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Ky, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

Hi, this is just a little question.

Would anyone be interested in me making a Volvo 242 with Forza's model?

I don't really know if this is acceptable or not, since I've seen posts locked and mods released on the same street, so to say.

But I have the model, and I could pretty easily create a nice mod for the game.

Just not sure if it's ok or not to use someone else's models

2. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Well, using Forza's models is technically allowed, however I would recommend that you don't use them. They do not have any engine, doorjambs or underside at all, all of which you should have in BeamNG. They're also stupidly high poly, and in many cases with older cars, are quite inaccurate in certain areas (just look at their AE86).

Furthermore, there are numerous Forza converts to other games already, so it's quite boring. I highly recommend that you stick to making your own models (or at least using ones which suit BeamNG), as it's much more realistic and authentic:D

3. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

I've decided to get into the project; here's why:

I'm using the Volvo 242 from FM3. It's not that stupidly high poly, but I will have to create or transfer over the engine, frame, suspension, etc.

I think the model I'm working with is more accurate than I could create, and it's already textured, which is still a big challenge for me.

I also feel like the car itself is ideal for BeamNG, considering its heritage, cultural impact, and performance and engineering specs (which were impressive for the time). It's a classic! And BeamNG is all about crashing classic cars!

Well, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I've been pondering these reasons all day. Hope it didn't come across as rude :s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice