On Hold Volvo 850-855 1990-2000'

Discussion in 'Land' started by OverPower, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Update posted in Main Thread!

Progress:

12/04-2016

Okay! So i decided to redo my entire car, i came to the conclusion that my wiremesh was terrible (and i mean it, utterly garbage, maybe some can agree with me on that:rolleyes:). So by reading around and trying out some new stuff, i am very happy to show you the progress on the redesign! :cool:

VOLVO 850x222 .blend.png VOLVO 850 NY1 .blend.png
    It's not much, since i really started doing this today and by using this technique, im more precise but at the same time it takes longer for me to get something done.. i may seem like a madman for scrapping my old design but my OCD is killing me and i can't release something that is "half decent" so to speak. But anyways, see you in the next! ;)

Edit: And yes, i will be separating each part when im done with the rough work, it'll all be done ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

Well it seems you are following the link I sent you; the mesh looks really good. I would never touch Blender with a ten foot barge pole personally, because I am horrible at making things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

You saw my first attempt, all wobbly and ugly looking without an actual wireframe.. ;) Nothing is impossible! The motivation from you guys is what makes me going :cool:

EDIT: yes your link was to really good help, couldn't have been a better guideline for me atleast:rolleyes:

#23 OverPower, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. aquojdm

aquojdm
    Expand Collapse

do you have any blender tips also cant wait
    --- Post updated ---
    ps can i beta test or no

5. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Well the best tip I can give you is to read up properly before you start doing the mesh! The link that was posted in this thread a few posts back is a good help, be patient and expect stuff to take a long time ;)

about the beta testing, I will probably release a WIP version later to everyone, so just grab the file then and test it out!

6. xsanity2

xsanity2
    Expand Collapse

Oh man. I love my box style cars! I wish I had modeling skill and I'd bring them all to beam! I'm stoked to drive this man! Great work!

7. aquojdm

aquojdm
    Expand Collapse

ps can i beta test or no?
    ok nice

8. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

You are making an AWESOME mod :D I really need this type of car :D And it looks just like an BeamNG type car :) Sorry for my bad English am Dutch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Update posted in Main Thread!

Progress:
    13/04-2016
    Worked tirelessly for many hours straight, got the sides and the front of the car done as you can see... Added cutouts for the doorhandles and some shaping of the body, also filled everything to show you a very rough representation of how it's going to be :rolleyes:

Still not done yet as you may can see, but its something!

EDIT: go to the main thread to see the pictures in fullscreen, im too lazy to fix it! B)

#29 OverPower, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Epplaren

Epplaren
    Expand Collapse

I think this mod looks really good and i cant wait for the release!;) Keep up the good work:)

11. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

So far the model is looking good. One thing to improve though, add in a couple of edge loops to the windows and pillars, almost all cars have slight curvature to the glasshouse. Apart from that the mesh seems great!

• Like Like x 1
  12. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Yes, im working on it as we speak... things are moving on slowly :cool:

#32 OverPower, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Marijntje600

Marijntje600
    Expand Collapse

YESS these are my favorite cars. Keep up the work man! it looks good so far!

14. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Better slowly and awesome like you do right now than fast and shitty

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hugo94

Hugo94
    Expand Collapse

Yes i want this! I drive a 98' V70 Turbo as daily.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i've seen it too muc, slow and steady is what matters :cool:

Oh that is nice! These are charming cars for sure, always loved them ever since i saw them.. good pick! ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Progress:

14/04-2016

Again a small update, almost finished with the exterior of the car.. just some trim parts and then its the separating that needs to be done aswell, here's some pictures! :cool:
    VOLVO 850x2xcffx .blend.png VOLVO 850x2afasf .blend.png VOLVO 850x2zzz .blend.png VOLVO 850x2sdaggg .blend.png VOLVO 850x2dsaas .blend.png

• Like Like x 10
  17. Cowboy_Leader

Cowboy_Leader
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I luv volvos please finish it

18. aquojdm

aquojdm
    Expand Collapse

you can do configs quite easy since you finished the model now just move some vertexes but keep a back up file :)
    --- Post updated ---
    but again your gonna need to edit JBEAM

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hugo94

Hugo94
    Expand Collapse

And don't forget the beautiful sound from the five-pot engine! Gonna pick up a full 3" exhaust with a race cat tommorow.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

I will need some help with the sounds, but that will be later, the sound from these engines are really amazing and i wouldn't want to miss out on them :cool:

That's not bad, 3" does make noise that's for sure!:rolleyes:
    --- Post updated ---
    Progress:

15/04-2016

As done as i can be with the exterior really... now over to smoothing and correcting things and then separating the parts and lastly some detailing: trims, handles, spoiler, roof racks etc... :cool: Tips on how to smooth and correct certain things is greatly appreciated!

Would love some tips of how to smooth some lines out, and what method that is the best to round certain edges without smoothing the entire car, and vice verca: having edgy corners while having the rest of the car smooth so to speak...:D Give all the feedback you want!

VOLVO 850x2fsaasf .blend.png VOLVO 850x2 fasaf.blend.png VOLVO 850x2 safasas.blend.png VOLVO 850x2 afsa.blend.png VOLVO 850x2 fsaf.blend.png

Attached Files:

• VOLVO 850x2 fsaf.blend.png
    • VOLVO 850x2 fasaf.blend.png
    • VOLVO 850x2fsaasf .blend.png
    • VOLVO 850x2 afsa.blend.png
    • VOLVO 850x2 fsaf.blend.png
    • VOLVO 850x2fsaasf .blend.png
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice