On Hold Volvo 850-855 1990-2000'

Discussion in 'Land' started by OverPower, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitzkrieg0628

Blitzkrieg0628
    Expand Collapse

YES! I love these things. Good luck, man! Looks great! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

It's looking very nice :D But how about the polygons? They're very visible at the moment. How is it going to look like in-game? (I am sure it will just look like a normal car instead of blocky) Just asking :D And please don't stop working on this mod :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

Looking good!

• Like Like x 1
  4. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Quick small update for you guys, yes i am going to smooth it out so the blocks wont be shown, i only have to figure out how to do it nicely. :cool: Anyways i did some small smoothing and it does look a lot better now, compare and see :rolleyes:

VOLVO 850x3s .blend.png VOLVO 850x3NEGER .blend.png VOLVO 850x3dddd .blend.png VOLVO 850x3xxxx .blend.png VOLVO 850xxdd3 .blend.png

Attached Files:

• VOLVO 850x3xxx .blend.png
    • Like Like x 4
  5. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

beautiful dont know anything about modeling but the progress you have made since the biginning of this project is amazing you motivation is giving hope and joy :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. olle0047

olle0047
    Expand Collapse

Great work! I have really been wanting one of these ingame. I have owned 3 of these, a 850R estate, a 850 2.5 20v sedan and a 2.5 10v estate :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. V3SPA

V3SPA
    Expand Collapse

Make it with variable turbo up to 2000hp and 2500 nm, and it will be fun to dragrace with ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how much about blender you know so please don't take anything I say as an insult. To have smooth shading, there is a button on the left hand pop up menu ("t") to enable smooth shading. However you will also want to add an edge split modifier. This will is used so that sharp edges on your model will remain sharp (like creases in the body or window edges).
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  9. simonfrat123

simonfrat123
    Expand Collapse

please jbeam this mod properly and try to make it good like the official vehicles

10. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

I don't take tips as insults, i appreciate the help and im testing your idea out a little bit here but im not really sure what rate of smoothing i should be going with, seems like smoothing is a real pain in the butt :cool:

VOLVO 850x2drfhfghfgh .blend.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Well thats the plain really, my OCD won't let me release it if it doesn't look right, that's how it is, thanks anyways ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the motivation! ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh how nice! Wish i had an 850 T5 but im stuck with the 855 2.4 no turbo model for now, but it's fast and it it's thirsty but oh is it nice!:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the wheels or the interior too?? I know you are working on the exterior. But I was just thinking if you had them ready to build in to the car. Because it took me a million years to just put in the right seats in another car.. xD
    Can't wait for a release. You're good at this stuff :) :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

That last picture looks really good! To keep some of the edges sharp, like those around the windows, select the edge and then press control+e and click mark edge sharp. That should help it look even better.

I must say your progress is good and fast!

• Like Like x 1
  13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Looks good so far. The best way to do shading is to use an Edge split modifier with "Edge Angle" unchecked then you can manually select and mark sharp the edges using Ctrl+E. Its best to just do this as you go along with the modelling process and once you get the hang of it it'll become second nature.

• Like Like x 1
  14. zohh

zohh
    Expand Collapse

I hope u make this good and detailed:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

I haven't done anything else than the exterior yet, figured i'd start making this first and then move on to the next... thanks for the motivation once again! :cool:

Thanks for the tip, one of the best ones i've got so far really, will be messing about with it for now and if i get any good results with it, then i will post a small update very soon! Thank you a lot:cool:

Will be trying to do so, noticed that it is a really handy way of keeping lines edgy.. Thanks for the tip!:D
    --- Post updated ---
    Those are my intentions, only time will tell :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

I understand. Starting with the outside of the car is better than Interior first and then the exterior. And No problem :D

17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Finally a Volvo mod that isnt from a russian page :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. OverPower

OverPower
    Expand Collapse

Update has been posted in Main Thread!

Progress:

17/04-2016
    Doing lots of work right now, body is pretty much done, some small things left but separating has been done... now over to detailing. :cool:

VOLVO 850x3xxx .blend.png VOLVO 850x3xxxx .blend.png VOLVO 850x3 .blend.png VOLVO 850x3xxxxxx .blend.png VOLVO 850x3xxxxx .blend.png VOLVO 850x3 xx .blend.png
    --- Post updated ---
    So, a quick update for you guys, did some more detailing which included fixing the fuel cap area (a lid will be made) and adding some more detail on the roof, the furthest back window aswell as on the bumpers... check the pictures to see for yourself. If there's anything you spot that needs to be added or adjusted then give me a heads up. In my opinion it now looks like the real thing but it's up to you to decide:cool:

VOLVO 850x3ddsa .blend.png VOLVO 850x3 fdgdfg.blend.png VOLVO 850x3 dddd.blend.png

• Like Like x 10
  19. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

beautiful and amazing the time and work you put in to this project keep the goodness up :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Daniel_M

Daniel_M
    Expand Collapse

Looks damn pretty and rich detailed for this little time you shaped this car in comparison to other modders. :oops:
    Keep up the good work, this will be a excellent mod when it's finished. :D

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice