Voxel-based smoke and clouds

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gregory TheGamer, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

Is voxel-based clouds and such already taken into consideration or something? This simply just popped into my head and I personally think it could enhance the smoke effects of the vehicles significantly. I do know that voxel-based rendering does eat a lot of performance, or at least I think it does. So is there any information regarding this?

Cheers,
    Gregory U.

2. Uanpis

Uanpis
    Expand Collapse

I think that would be very gpu-intensive, and I don't even know if it's possible with the current game engine

3. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

I know it does, it just suddenly popped into my head and wanted to know if the devs have information about voxel-based rendering for the smoke. There is no need for them to add it though.

4. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

This is pure speculation, but i think it would be really nice if beamng were to, in the far future, add an option inside the game that improves the graphical effects, lighting, etc. (maybe add PBR?) If they had is as an optional thing, than people with low end pc could still play the game with decent FPS, but people with serious gaming rigs would be able to enjoy the game with enhanced graphics. That way, everyone is happy. I highly doubt this will happen. :(

5. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah perhaps. Too bad though that this will likely not happen.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just imagine this with the smoke coming out of the T-Series exhausts:

Imagination is enough though. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice