VR for Unsupported Games

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by graysonk95, Nov 3, 2018.

1. graysonk95

graysonk95
    Expand Collapse

Is VorpX + OpenTrack the only way people have found to hack together a decently usable VR solution for BeamNG? How about other unsupported games? Has anyone had luck without spending the $40?

Back before HMDs were affordable, I had a working setup in RoR using a Samsung smartphone running Riftcat /VRidge beta. Obviously, that would probably work today with a Gear VR, and supposedly Riftcat supports Occulus, Vive, and Daydream as well, but not WMR.

I have a WMR HMD and, of course, it's already a process to get it working with many Occulus/Vive supported games, but they work very well. For BeamNG, the best I can get so far is by running WMR for SteamVR + SteamVR + OpenTrack for SteamVR and it's unusable. 2 fps and horrible jitter just in Steam theater mode.

I'm going to keep trying different freeware and open source programs and see if I can get something working, but it's not looking hopeful for my wallet at this point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice