1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Vulkan API – Feedback, Known Issues, and FAQ

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Car_Killer, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Will it be truly compatible with D3D11 Rated GPUs? That's what mine is and I get a significant drop in performance (as of 0.31).

2. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

Some older GPU's don't have Vulkan support, it depends. What's your GPU?

3. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Radeon RX 570 series (D3D11) 4GB GPU... AMD

4. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

5. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

6. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

That's probably because of the performance of your GPU in general, it only has 4gb of VRAM (8gb is kind of the minimum today), and it's not very fast by today's standards.

I see your other specs are good, so it might be you drivers, or your GPU. Maybe the game's settings are too high?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pr9tkin

Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

Older graphics cards are worse at vulkan, the choice of vulkan is justified only in cases where the bottleneck is the processor and not the graphics card, it is also possible that vulkan requires more video memory than in dx11, in your case with 4gb it can lead to a significant performance degradation! This has been discussed here more than once)
    Most likely in 0.32v there was an increased load on the card memory, hence the frame sag, try lowering the settings, disable realistic mirrors, etc.
    Check performance on other cards, wcusa expandable! This may have increased the memory load as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

So in order to get good performance, my game has to look like crap...

Yeah, I'll stick with the normal branch.

9. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

That's true, he's definitely GPU limited, I have an RX 5500 XT (Rx 580 performance, a bit faster), a Ryzen 5 1600, and 16gb of ram.
    On low-medium settings the game performs fine in career mode, around~60 FPS most of the time.

10. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

My 4GB VRAM used to be good :(

11. Pr9tkin

Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

Do a test on other cards that have not been subjected to improvements and compare with the old version, maybe you will then understand why on wcusa you have exceeded the threshold of your card's capabilities in vulkan mode

12. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me but other cards cost money.

13. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

You're definitely going to have problems in the future with so little memory. Good luck tho! You might find a deal on a GPU sometime in the future, luckily your other PC components are really good

14. Technological

Technological
    Expand Collapse

Run the game with DirectX, and open the performance graph (Ctrl + Shift + F). Look to see what component of your PC is the potential bottleneck. If it's your GPU that's flashing white or red, then running the game with Vulkan will likely be slower than DirectX. It's because Vulkan helps reduce the load on the CPU but puts more load on the GPU (at least from what I've noticed on my system). The good thing, though, is that even with the additional GPU usage, Vulkan gives better FPS when you use traffic, or lots of vehicles, since it helps reduce CPU usage...

Basically, Vulkan usually runs better than DirectX if your CPU is your bottleneck, not the other way around...

15. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

The GPU is usually the bottleneck and the CPU is not far behind...

So basically I am screwed no matter what.

16. Technological

Technological
    Expand Collapse

I mean, if you upgrade your GPU, I would assume it would make a bigger difference when running in Vulkan compared to DirectX

17. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

AAA titles usually run crap because they basically ignore optimization a lot of the time. The only "new" one I have that works well is FH5. Titles like FH5 prove that with optimization you need less power, but big companies don't care and that's great for us with skinny wallets. :)

18. Technological

Technological
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure lowering your texture quality helps out the most. That's what I did and it gave me quite a big improvement with performance.

19. SixteenGuns

SixteenGuns
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry man but you gpu simply ain't good, it a 2017 car that's a refresh of a 2016 card. It doesn't matter how optimized the game is if you only got 4 gigs of vram.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Well, I got the PC as a gift, but the gift is quickly becoming obsolete.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice