WCUSA particle effects

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Brother_Dave, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Was thinking that it would be nice to see some particle effects in WCUSA, such as steam from street vents/wells/whattheycallit or say construction work on the streets. Also from the industry close to the default location and from other random chimneys, small and big, say for example where the row of auto repair shops are.
    Another thing that would add detail would be small black or different greyscale dots that 'blow' around horizontally using particle effects. Can be seen on the right, above the payment in this vid, at 1:12 and on:

Need to watch the vid on his channel unfortunatly, but just click the link.

Since we dont have NPCs or cars filling up the streets, making the city feel more alive then i think these things will contribute to that instead.

• Like Like x 3
  2. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

i totally agree with that but it would be very very hard

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Dont think so, i added a particle emitter yesterday to WCUSA. By its name its from the Utah map. Has huge dust colored smoke coming from it. The reason i didnt save it was that i couldnt scale it down, otherwise it would look good (except the color) imo. Its really easy adding and placing them in world editor.

4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

On JRI there is steam coming from some volcanic rock formations. I can't imagine that it would be too hard to implement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Its not a big problem to make it. Problem is performance ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice