We have a concrete wall in the game, could we get a destructable cinderblock building?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kodemunkey, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Kodemunkey

Kodemunkey
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't have to have a lot of stuff in it I suppose.

2. Enderman342

Enderman342
    Expand Collapse

That would be cool

3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

A full on building? Don't you know how much that would lag the game engine?

At the same time, it could be done, but the spawn area would have to be somewhere super flat to work, if it would be breakable...

4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think it would really come down to the size of the building in question.

Something like this (or maybe a slightly smaller structure with a square footprint), would probably put only as much strain on the engine as four or five cinderblock walls. Add in metal roofing, a steel door with its frame, and some simple aluminum windows, and I think we'd have a pretty good prop.

The level spawn point problem could be solved with the addition of a foundation - a large concrete block, anchored into the ground like the bollard. Ideally it wouldn't protrude more than 6" above the highest point of any given spawn location.

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

That’s would be very nice. I think a small stone shack like building would be fine lag wise and would maybe come in a “filled” (some boxes, maybe a chair and table) and a “empty” version (just the unfurnished structure). I don’t see why it can’t be done. Maybe not for a while though.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You could make only some walls or parts of the walls destructible, while having stronger parts in building that are impassible.

When it comes to concrete buildings, I doubt you could very easily fully flatten such on vehicle anyway, walls have lot of steel in them, which keeps concrete together.

For wooden buildings, well that might be possible, but will take quite bit of effort still, so clever way of blending together solid part of building and destructible part would be way to go I believe.

Also it would be needed to reduce number of blocks, so for example you could have just 6 pieces to break or so, which kind of limits again what could of be achieved.

With 8 cinderblock walls i7-6700 is not really enough to handle the computing, it's around 80% on all cores just those walls sitting there and when crashing trough them could use a lot more CPU power:

Even if I turn shadows off, cinderblocks can bring fps down to 12 when crashing all the walls, few Miramar are easier to handle:

#6 fufsgfen, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice