Web Remote Controller Issue

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Gaëlll, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Gaëlll

Gaëlll
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on way to play beamng remotely from a web interface. Based on what I read about outgauge.lua and the code of the UdpSteering App on Android, I thought it would be pretty straightforward but...it's not.

Knowing the ip's of the laptop running the game and the one running the UDP client (connected on the same wifi), I skip the broadcast part to directly speak to beamng with its IP at port 4444 at first. However, I can't stop getting a "unable to connect to UDP socket" message in the lua console ingame even though my parameters are correct (ip and port) and '-luasocket' on.

In the android app, before the proper start of the communication, the device name is sent to beamng as well as a security code apparently. Are these mandatory to be able to communicate to beamng ?
    Does somebody has already tried something like this and experienced the same problem ?
    Just to be clear, my app is working properly ouside of beamng with my UDP client and a echo server ;)

Thanks a lot for your help,
    Gaël

2. Gaëlll

Gaëlll
    Expand Collapse

Damn...it's a fail apparently... :)

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The outgauge port/ip needs to be set to the port/ip of the Android device and not the web controller. (unless I've mistaken what you've said)

4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry for the delay, meant to reply earlier. The luasocket command arg is deprecated, its always on right now. If you upload your sources to github or alike, i could have a look :)

The app we developed also has permission errors atm that we need to get fixed.

What do you want to use it for? I'll look into this right now :)

5. Gaëlll

Gaëlll
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I will find a workaround for now ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice