Unsolved Weird Turbo Wastegate problems

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by CreasingCurve, Sep 19, 2016.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i have just noticed that for one of the engines that i have created for my Performance Engines mod has a weird turbocharger effect. the Engine is specifically the 2JZ with the Stage 3 turbo.
    The problem is that when the turbo gets near it wastegate limit pressure which is 60psi, it seems to let all the boost go and then start spooling the turbo again instead of just letting the pressure get up to the wastegate limit pressure and letting the excess go and retaining the 60psi that it should. Im not a Jbeam expert so i lack the know how and experience to decipher what the problem is.
    Sadly i currently cannot upload a video due to my extremely slow internet connection, but i have provided the full jbeam file with the problem. It noticeably happens in higher gears as the turbo is active for a longer time.

Attached Files:

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Here is the video for some further explanation. the probem is very clear when i shift into 4th as i said before.

Attached Files:

3. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

please use youtube

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I just downloaded it and it took under 1 minute. Its not hard to do so. Ill try with youtube but i make no gaurantees.
    --- Post updated ---
    School internet wont let me upload it to youtube and currently my internet at home is too slow as i stated in my first post.

5. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed this on turbos running high boost pressure. Increasing the inertia should fix it, but I'm not sure what causes it. You shouldn't have to increase the inertia by much at all to fix it.

6. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

give this a try, i have tweaked the turbo spool points and exhaust factors and efficency, i have also left in a message about the shift points in the jbeam, i suggest trial and error, removing the shiftpoints and putting them back in

Attached Files:

7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Just tested your edited Jbeam @daniel398767 and it worked great and now makes over 2400hp. Plus now has adjustable exhaust power values. However i you forget the quotation marks around the $exhaust variable to tell it to be adjustable. No biggie i fixed it easily. I may go over all of my files that i have put i have modified just to make file sizes even smaller and easier to find stuff.
    Thanks Daniel Much appreciated, now i just need to change title to solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice