Released WentWard Bus Type-C (Front Engine) 9.2

Schoolbus based on the T-75 frame

1. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Three things:
    • The interior sounds are weird (shifting to the left and right channels rapidly)
    • The interior gauges don't work
    • The "6-Speed Automatic" is definitely a manual.

2. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Nice work! Any one of the modern engines will do if its below 250hp for stock engine

I'll look into the sounds issue I never noticed that, the interior gauges worked before but were too glitchy to include in the final release, upon impact the gauges rotated away from the dash and spun around the bus, I'll have to create placement nodes to properly setup the gauges maybe in he next release, and the engine is still heavy WIP but should be fixed in subsequent updates and will include the realistic Cummins ISB6.7 as well as derby and custom drag versions. The engine that is being used now is basically a place holder, The derby engine doesn't even have real torque it uses a thruster to simulate it ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    There was a question about the speedometer placement on the dashboard of the bus, on some buses the speedometer is off to the side, this bus's dashboard is based heavily on those designs

04_lg.jpg dash04.jpg ef-virtual-tour.jpg

#122 ThreeDTech21, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Thank you For fixing the steering to the left issue that helps me alot!

4. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I found this torque curve for the Cummins engine, how do I get the bus to have that Torque curve?
    2011-cummins-graph.png

5. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

Could you make a TC2000?

6. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Actually I thought I fixed it but Im hearing that people are still having issues with it, It'll be fully fixed in the next update!

Already in the works :cool:

TC2000.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  7. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

Great! We have some of them in my country, but I have only seen one moving(the others were probably scrapped when Kremikovtsi was closed.

#127 IvelinV8, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  8. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Ok Thankyou!

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Is this a modeling of the international-chassis 'snub-nosed' american bus?
    Because if it is, it's called a 'snub-nose' (I know, I delivered parts for these to mechanics working on them).
    Pretty cool you'd make one, though I will mention that 'mechanics HATE them' and they 'aren't the most reliable' ...

10. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Please add back the speed testing or thrusters. I had alot more fun with the bus parking cars and making the bus go over 70mph and slam into the car.

11. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, havent been on
    To put the torque curve on the bus open the engine file and find "enginetorque"
    Starting with zero RPM and 0 torque put the RPM on the left and the amount of torque at that RPM on the right, btw for most accuracy I recommend 500- 1000 RPM increments
    As for the thermals I reccomend you steal the values from the t-series
    If you need help feel free to ask
    --- Post updated ---
    Dont forget to load the torque curve app in game to verify do not worry if the values are slightly different this is just the simulation doing what it does best
    --- Post updated ---
    Example

Attached Files:

• 20160428_175400.jpg
    • 20160428_175449.jpg
  12. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

yup i dont know the official name of the bus type but flat-nose and snub-nose is what i'll have to go by for now until I can track down the manufacture name but another user siad it was a TC2000 and a quick google search confirmed it :p

the speed testing is actually part of the derby engine for now, it makes up for the extra power needed that I didn't know how to add through the engine and transmission. In the parts selector if you select the derby engine then you have it, it can be tweaked by going into the engine.jbeam file and editing the derby engine stats The thrusters are near the end of that section. The thruster testing will be removed completely in the next update so save that engine.jbeam file if you want to have it in the future.

Thanks! I was able to get help in another thread, I created 2 engines, a Cummins ISB 6.7 and Customs Cummins 6.7G limited turbo, I also created a NV4500 transmission, all in the next update in about a week :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. mschiavoni

mschiavoni
    Expand Collapse

Cummins 6.7 for pickups =/= the engine for the Blue Bird school bus. i have the torque curve here somewhere for the one they use so i'll see if i can find it. the one for pickups revs too high, i think the one Blue Bird uses only revs to something like 2600 RPM. i did modify the JBEAM to match the transmission they use though. it's an Allison 5-speed automatic. if you'd like, i can get that over to you. it's got modified torque curves (which i couldn't get right), so that's something i want to look into

14. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Yay! and i cant wait to do some more TURBO! becuase its also on the old semi jbeam engine file. I used to have it but i cleared all of my files.

15. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Ok cool, that would be good, although I think most school buses are manual im sure there are some automatics out there, I'll include it in the transmission types section

16. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

most modern ones are automatic 6-7 speeds
    idk about older ones, I think they were 6 speed manual

17. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok Ill make it an automatic then since its based on a 2002 school bus

Update: The school bus will have a final release in a few days! then I will continue work on the flat nose bus (TC2000) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

yay! what about a mini-bus?

19. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Update: The bus is coming along well, the next update will be the final release for this bus so im fine tuning everything, there are so many small details that I missed in previous updates, such as red tabs for window release, emergency kits, leather safety pads over doors, etc. Old bugs are gone, including pulling to the left, wobbly frame and glitch crashes, I aim to release mod worthy of BeamNG. Also I'm also surprised by how many safety precautions there are in a school bus, a school bus resembles the inside of an ambulance, i've been ridding school buses for half my life and just noticing this 10 years on!

Some of the final updates include:

Body colored and Standard Black Steel wheels
    Front yellow rim.PNG Front black rim.PNG
    Rear yellow rim.PNG Rear black rim.PNG

More safety features
    emergency details.PNG leather.PNG

hinges
    hinges.PNG hinge2.PNG

The first release of the school bus was back in November 2015 and now after 7 months is coming to completion! Thank everyone who has contributed and continues to contribute! My next mods will include: Version 1 of the Flat nose (School Transport Bus) School bus, Updated Hyundai Elantra, Version 1 release of the 2015 Ford Explorer and a stig mod. Cheers! :cool:

#139 ThreeDTech21, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  20. mschiavoni

mschiavoni
    Expand Collapse

ah, ok. the transmission i based mine off of is from the modern day BlueBird (the Allison 2500 5-speed auto 'box). if you'd like that to do a modern-day version, i'm still happy to share it with you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice