3. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

Compress into A ZIP

4. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

About the flat nose bus WIP, what manufacturer will it be and what model? IC FE? Blue Bird All American FE? Thomas... whatever, you know what I mean o_O
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, and also, I was all bored, so I decided to make a commercial bus out of the current mod, here is some images:

screenshot_00021.png screenshot_00022.png

Oh, also, can you make a church bus skin for the new flat nosed bus and the current?

5. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

--- Post updated ---
    ThreeDTech21, you said a long time ago you didn't know what the hood on this bus originated on? Well, this build is not even close to a Blue Bird, you just built an IC CE 300 there, IC is a Dependent company affiliated with International, and specifically manufacturers school buses, mainly the IC CE, the IC CE is a school bus based off of the International Durastar, the most common engines they use are engines equipped with MAXXFORCE technology (aka extra economy crap), here are some images of the bus:

thUMJM7LZJ.jpg 7343447810_521eb28c95.jpg

Hope that helped, you screwed your build enough that you accidentally built an IC instead of a Blue Bird, next time, try not to build your stuff at 2 in the morning

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00026.png
    • screenshot_00027.png
    #145 Carsokos, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  6. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Tires need some less TLC, using the basic commercial bus in the tire disintegration test, it makes it 1/12 through before the tires immediately grab ahold of the grooves, sending it crashing nose-first into the ground, here's an image of the incident:

screenshot_00028.png

Too grippy tires on this thing, needs improvement for first bus on BeamNG.drive, also what happened to the old bus that had the reflection in the lights and said "emergency" something on the back door? It doesn't say that on mine...

7. djbutter

djbutter
    Expand Collapse

that was an old version of the bus

8. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ok..., I thought I was off a bit because there was too much bugs to expect if this was the newest version, any links to new version?

9. djbutter

djbutter
    Expand Collapse

the big download button at the top of the first page or the one that says install

10. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Thanks! Ill try to reproduce the old errors in the new version, AND find any possible errors that still exist, maybe look in the JBeam files too for any chassis flaws

11. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Good new the bus will have a final release in 2 days! March 20, 2016, mark the day. This bus has many improvements! including much more stable driving, pulling to the left has been eliminated, the suspension.jbeam and wheels.jbeam has been updated to the newest version eliminating wheel explosions (only current known bugs from BeamNG's Side) The hood has been reformed to resemble a mix between IC and BlueBird but is a custom hood. The frame has been updated and re-worked and given much more detail. This is almost entirely an new bus, it is still based closely on the Blue Bird School bus but for the interior I went with a retro style speedometer. Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Floppydopda

Floppydopda
    Expand Collapse

That's great, I really like this mod.

13. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

The bus is done! this is the final version of the bus, I'll still work to fix any bugs that may come up but I'm off to work on other mods for for now. The Bus has new controls for the doors

CONTROLS.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  14. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a million. Nothing like loading up my So-Cal Interstate map, and letting about 8~10 of them run around using the AI and watching the calamity begin - especially when they 'find' one another :)
    I have a friend who used to drive bus, who will really get quite a kick out of this.
    Surely a shame there's no rag-dolls in Beamng.drive, but oh well, can't have everything you want.
    Makes a heck of a wreck going down a mountain full speed and hitting just about anything, but that's the joy of the car-crash game.

Great work
    --cheers!

16. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! This bus was really fun to make, It came out well because it was actually cool to create, Im surprised you can run 10 of them you must have a Cray Computer ;) I can barely run 3 haha, Hope you enjoy, Cheers!

17. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

18. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

19. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

Had some fun with the derby bus

yes the covet is stuck on the bus

Attached Files:

• 20160520165040_1.jpg
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

No, suprisingly they don't take too much more power to run than 8~10 covets. Guess it depends on the AI @ work too, but I kept my AI paths pretty simple on my map. I have a 4790k locked into it's turbo setting while the game is on. It does heat up this bedroom, however, after a bit. Sometimes I have to open one of my windows. However, there's no denying that the bus is a wonderful addition to a CAR ACCIDENT game :) Of course so does the Belaz mining truck (forget where I found that)... and it loves to eat the school bus heh heh. However, aside of the Belaz's appetite for school buses (KRUNCH!), it works great, looks the part, and functions, too! Job well done.
    Those with an AMD fx cpu might have a bit of trouble with the bigger vehicles in this game, such as the commercial truck or the bus, but the recent higher-ghz intel chips don't have any issues. It comes down to floating-point (formerly 'whetstone') performance. That's the part of the cpu (called the FPU) that Beam uses for it's physics. It's also consequentially why the AMD fx chips perform so poorly in it - AMD seriously skimped on the FPU's on their AMD FX cpu. ZEN (the up and coming AMD chips coming this fall) will improve upon this quite a bit, so if you have AMD still, all is not lost.
    If looking for a cpu to run Beam, look for the highest ghz intel cpu's 4xxx series or above (they have FPU improvements), and the amount of cores pretty much denotes how many cars you can run simultaneously. Higher ghz cpus such as 4+ ghz intel cpus tend to run 2 cars per-core pretty well (any more and it starts feeling 'slow').
    I will mention that, regardless of the matter, any more than 10 cars (which goes 20~26fps or so), and Beam tends to get crash-happy when you're respawning them (using AI controlling the cars)... so you're not missing too much yet.

All in all, good bus! Glad they're in the game and not infront of me on my commute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice