1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

West Coast Drag Strip - Records

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fordster, Mar 10, 2020.

1. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

Unsure if this will work, MEGA wanted me to sign up so I tried this
    You will need these 4 mods from the repo and precise throttle control the entire way down the strip
    Better Drag Transmissions
    Better Drag Racing Wheels\/Tir
    RK's Highly Custumizable Engi
    Meo's Drag Parts Pack

https://ufile.io/uffsbi8s

2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

How did you get it to go perfectly straight? My barstow config probably could go into 4"s, but i crash it because it doesnt go straight
    --- Post updated ---
    thanks!

3. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

The drag rear axle from meo's parts pack can control a lot of power when used properly. My Barstow goes straight as an arrow with it as long as I set the rear swaybar all the way left.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MadZee

MadZee
    Expand Collapse

So about those 5 bucks you owe me ;)
    Just kidding, I had a lot of fun trying to match your time while rowing gears on my ole G25 haha. Pretty sure I killed the shifter while going for the W, as it now randomly shifts between 1st and 3rd, as well as 2nd and 4th.
    My 200BX makes 1900+ hp from a 2.6L I5, and has a 6spd manual, with 5th and 6th going unused. The wing is necessary, because it would knock the rear tires loose at 200mph otherwise.
    As you can see, it has a lot of balls up top, but my 60ft, 330ft and even 1/8th mile are all garbage, as it power wheelies in 1st and 2nd, an can bounce a full wheelstand in 3rd if I'm not careful.
    Also, perfect finish between my turbo 502 Bluebuck (left lane) and the 200BX (right lane).
    Guess this woud qualify for RSCRWD, but I'd like to see a stick shift class of some sort

Official time: 7.125 @219MPH
    Unofficial time: 6.926 @~220MPH
    Mods used:
    Meo's drag parts
    RK's I5 engine

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-07-22_23-38-36.png
    • 20200722233358_1.jpg
    #144 MadZee, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

There is a drag racing BeamMP server with most of the mods people are using, it doesnt have the better drag transmissions mod or any powerglide options though. It is a 2Fast server and the discord link is dead so unsure how long this will be happening. Very rarely see somebody there running 5s, mostly RP style builds.

Found a server with better transmission mods and active discord, BeamRP drag racing server.
    Going to get these mods in single player so I can get a timed lap, hoping to get into the 4s with it.

upload_2020-7-27_23-8-12.png

#145 DocOlds, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  6. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

The timing system fought me every step of the way, but the MoonHawk is now in the 4 second club.
    I never would have found the CJD mod without the BeamRP drag racing server, its a great place to get faster.

818 cubic inch, OHV, Turbo, V-8 with 80 pounds of boost (RK weighs a lot more then most engines, but its worth it for tunability)
    2 speed auto trans with transbrake and tunable converter (CJD is my transmission god, this is the only trans that actually has a firm shift at high power)
    Drag rear suspension with 15x12 Welp Racing rims and 305/70/15 drag tires (Meos differential and swaybar are mandatory equipment if you want to go straight)

mods: Meo drag parts, RK highly custom engine, CJD Specials
    upload_2020-7-29_12-50-27.png

7. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

My barstow has twice the power, grip, and half the weight yet still somehow it cant get into the 4's Partialy because it wont go in a straight line even with meo's parts.
    --- Post updated ---
    using an open diff will make the car more controllable.

8. masonontv

masonontv
    Expand Collapse

5.917 @ 231 mph

Car: Garvil Barstow

Mods Used: Meo's Drag Part's & Meo's Drag Cars

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-07-31_19-18-43.jpg
  9. rednasm

rednasm
    Expand Collapse

too fast for the timing system:(

10. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

New engine combo, raised the rear, painted it racing brown for max speed.

mods: Meo drag parts, RK highly custom engine, CJD Specials
    upload_2020-8-7_17-10-54.png

11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Shouldn't the rear be quite low to the ground to have the car not pop a wheelie & launch better overall?

12. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

Raising the rear shifted weight to the nose, which allows more power at the line without a wheelie. On the big end it helps again by keeping air from getting under the car and sending it sailing, as shown in the video I posted earlier.

13. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

After a lot of frustration at the timing system not working, I have stumbled on an actual solution!
    Simply wait 5 seconds before pulling to the line to begin the race.
    This is a game changer for somebody as impatient as me that almost always pulled forward instantly and rarely got to see times.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaligulaVP

CaligulaVP
    Expand Collapse

Ibushu 200BX 5.70 @ 260.06
    1. Meo's Funny Car Engines
    2. Drag Parts Wheels Nitrous
    a. Meo's 500 CUI Engine
    b. Variable Blower
    c. 100 KW nitrous with 10lb bottle
    d. 4 Speed drag trans with low stall and transbrake

Attached Files:

• Beamng57026006.png
  15. jon_miata

jon_miata
    Expand Collapse

I feel slow.

16. HiSpdMgcnLady

HiSpdMgcnLady
    Expand Collapse

[OLD] Ibishu 200BX- 6.714 @ 215.43mph

I used a mix of Meo drag parts and CJD parts and also the better drag transmissions mod along with some other I can't remember exactly where they came from but I've included screenshots of my parts list used on this run. This is the fastest I've ran this car and I probably won't run any faster until I work on the settings a bit more. [OLD]

[Updated] Ibishu 200BX- 6.320 @ 234.17mph

only parts I changed were the move to an open diff as suggested by DocOlds, changed from the ALS Stage 3 boost-by-gear turbo to CJD's Variable Boost turbo and raised boost to 163psi then reduced my nitrous shot from a 1000hp shot to a more sensible 250hp shot as suggested by kozlia, wider format of the drag radials, removed 2-step since it's pretty much useless on an auto equipped car, front wheels/tires, updated front suspension pieces to the GTz version, and various other cosmetic things.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot64.png
    • Screenshot65.png
    • Screenshot66.png
    • Screenshot67.png
    • Screenshot68.png
    • Screenshot69.png
    • Screenshot70.png
    • Screenshot71.png
    #156 HiSpdMgcnLady, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  17. kozlia

kozlia
    Expand Collapse

Run more boost instead of nitrous and work on ur transmission :) 200bx is very capable

• Like Like x 1
  18. HiSpdMgcnLady

HiSpdMgcnLady
    Expand Collapse

I just looked and I'm already running max boost on my ALS turbo, which is a 100psi, I don't have any other turbo's that can be setup boost-by-gear for the 200BX. But I did try switching from a 4spd to a Powerglide setup, and I raised boost up to 163psi to match my previous on-bottle output without having to use the bottle (I still have just hadn't used it) and already I've gotten my time to a 6.595 in just a few passes from messing around with the torque converter. I'm going to keep messing with it some more until I can keep it from lifting the front end (or at least minimize it).

19. DocOlds

DocOlds
    Expand Collapse

Try using an open diff, big wing, and set the wheelie bar to where you can just barely still steer the car. Little suspension tuning to get the hops out and the 200bx is a rocket.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HiSpdMgcnLady

HiSpdMgcnLady
    Expand Collapse

I'll test out the Open Diff to see how I like it, I've already adjusted to suspension a bit more and have made it more predictable/consistent with not making as big a wheelie and not as long, and as for the wheelie bar I've added just over a degree more from where I had it but I don't really want to run too much more since with this drag build I want to keep it at least a little realistic as a dedicated drag that just so happens to be a "street car" (like Street Outlaws, but a little more extreme...possibly). With my most recent tweaks I've shaved off nearly half a second form my originally posted time which I'll update that post shortly.
    --- Post updated ---
    sorry for the double post but this is a new submission for a different category.

ETK K-series (I don't remember which trim level I used as a base)- 5.872 @ 254.13mph

Used Meo's Funny Car engine and CJD parts mods mostly alongside the better drag trans and better drag wheels/tires mods like I did with the 200BX but I used some ETK parts mod for the front suspension and aero pieces. The full parts list will be in the pictures.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot79.png
    • Screenshot72.png
    • Screenshot73.png
    • Screenshot74.png
    • Screenshot75.png
    • Screenshot76.png
    • Screenshot77.png
    • Screenshot78.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice