Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Oct 31, 2017.
West Coast USA-
A large map that will make bad computers melt
I just want to do this:
Not necessarily, My 1080 ti used only 5gb vram out of 11G at Tennessee with max settings with 3 pickups.
Not necessarily, Tennessee at max settings with 3 pickups used only max under 40% of my CPU which is i7 6700k and Actually only 12gb of ram out of 16gb.
In the end beam is really heavily based of GPU and Memory clock based on my investigations.
But really this map is looking fantastic
I think that B25Mitch himself gave a pretty concise rundown of what you need to run WCUSA at 60 fps and 1080p. I'm beginning to finally get a sinking feeling that I'll be dealing with lag at some point, given I've only got an 840M at my disposal. Looks like I'll probably have to slash dynamic reflections.
I will be thoroughly surprised if a racing scenario involving a black Moonhawk and deep green Barstow doesn't come with the update.
You’d just have to make the title of the scenario something else like bullett.
“Gunpowder propelled conical extrusion of brass”
Or just catch the Barstow.
This needs to be it's name
Oh I'm screwed I only have a gtx 750 ti
that's not it, you better be praying for your CPU.
I have GTX970 (MSI one, factory overclock) and it can run every stock map in 70+ fps @ max settings except that I have dynamic reflections off. I guess WCA will run as good as other maps.
i believe legend is making
map looking great but i think need lighting and coating quality improvements
thank you devs
Okay, time for the full analysis:
First things first - Bus Stop! In the event that the dev team ever decides to release a bus, we'll be ready. It's kind of in an odd place, right between the end of an off-ramp and a major intersection that permits U-turns, but that's only going to be helpful in staging realistic crashes!
1. This background sign appears to advertise "Rims, Tires, Lift Kits, Hydraulics". Given that the Bluebuck was frequently mentioned by the dev team as being a good choice for a lowrider, this is highly interesting news. Could the reason we haven't seen the Bluebuck yet be that they're waiting to show off the hydraulic system in its debut?
2. We've got a phone number for Smash Auto Repair. It appears to be either 555-2279 or 556-2279. We know that the protagonist carries a phone with him - could this be something we'll need in career mode?
In addition to the streetcar line and conventional buses, Belasco also appears to play host to a trolley bus system. Note that the overhead wires are on a road without rails, and that the rails crossing at the intersection ahead do not have any overhead wires.
Lots going on in this one. Let's break it down:
1. There is no branding on this gas station. From the shape, I would assume that it's supposed to be a Nodeoline station:
But that doesn't explain why the sign is missing. The business is clearly still viable if they can afford that sort of trackside advertising. Even if only this station has gone under, why leave fuel prices posted?
2. Speaking of those fuel prices, note that they average about a dollar higher than ECUSA. California does have a roughly 40 cent/gallon fuel tax, but where is the other 60 cents coming from in a city filled with pipelines & pumpjacks?
3. There is finally a dealership in Beamng.drive! Signage appears to read "New & Used", with "______ Imports" facing the other direction, despite what looks like the Gavril banners from the race track appearing out front:
4. Looks like this is our main access point to the canal. This theory can be backed up by this image B25Mitch released on Discord:
5. This appears to be an alternate, possibly older version of the Turboburger logo as compared to the one in the Taxi ad. Time will tell - there may be other, newer locations in Belasco storefronts.
Edit: It appears I screwed up somehow. You'll have to click on the black box below and scroll through the images to see them in full-size.
is a 4core haswell i5 any good? cuz thats what i have
8gb ram too
Beamng drive should have movable props in maps so you crash into a lamppost it could fall and things like that
You can spawn a lamppost prop in the vehicle selector. It does indeed fall over if you hit it hard enough.
I can come up with a couple of reasons.
1. They did say that the preview doesn't fully show what the released version will look like. There is a possibility that when the video was made, the sign hadn't been finished yet.
2. If it had gone out of business, maybe the people who put up the fuel prices either forgot to take them down, or just didn't care.
Out of the two, I'm hoping for the former. The second one doesn't make as much sense. All the numbers are clean and present - usually they're either blown out by the wind, covered in grime, or removed entirely to keep motorists from stopping in at empty pumps. It's certainly possible to have a completely abandoned gas station serving as a monument to past fuel prices, but I have a gut feeling that this isn't going to be one given it's close proximity to a major race track, and its likely relevance to the eventual career mode.
I've seen a similar scenario to the second one IRL. While my local gas station is still in business, they do sometimes leave up outdated signage for some time, and the text and numbers will look clean and remain in place.
And with the way our world is, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if people didn't bother to take down invalid signs for a closed down gas station that's near a race track.
Fair enough. I'm just hoping that we'll get a Nodeoline station to replace the one we lost with Dry Rock Island.
That's very unlikely to ever happen.