1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

What are the Rear Spindles on the Skidplate Covet Simulating?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by YellowRusty, Jan 6, 2017.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I was driving the "Skidplate" configuration of the Ibishu Covet the other day, and thought it might be fun to take another FWD car and attach the rear skidplates for a race. The trouble is that attaching the rear skidplates to the '88 Pessima (Currently the only other FWD vehicle with 4-lug hubs) results in a "Fatal Vehicle Exception"
    skidplate3.jpg (click for larger image)

In order to understand why this occurs, I first consulted the forums. The closest I got to an answer was this thread: http://www.beamng.com/threads/how-do-you-remove-parts-of-cars.6760/

I was able to rule out the solution provided in this thread, as the exception still occurs after the cache has been cleared and the game has been opened in safe mode.

My next move was to examine the "Skidplate" Covet, and here I found something rather interesting:
    skidplate1.jpg
    The rear spindles are "whited out". They don't appear to have been completely removed (if that was the case, I would expect the part to have an "Empty" status). If the part isn't empty, then what is being simulated? A spindle welded so that it can't rotate? Some other form of custom spindle?

I haven't been able to find any information regarding the removal or use of custom rear spindles in the posted rules of the two skidplate racing leagues I found online, so I'm at a loss to explain why the spindles are "whited out"

skidplate2.jpg
    One thing I do know is that those "whited out" spindles do not allow rear wheels to be added to the Covet. Note that the vehicle in the above picture is outfitted with Okudai wheels. I understand that a spindle is necessary to mount a wheel, but wouldn't it also be necessary to have some form of spindle to mount the skidplates?

2. hey_big

hey_big
    Expand Collapse

i have the same problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice