What criteria does a vehicle have to meet to be able to be used in the "bus routes" game mode?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by RY4NDY, Dec 12, 2021.

1. RY4NDY

RY4NDY
    Expand Collapse

After I made a bus-like vehicle Automation I thought it'd be cool if it would also actually be usable in the "bus routes" game mode.

After some searching I found out that only vehicles that have their type listed as "bus" can be selected in the "bus routes" gamemode. I therefore added the line "Body Style":"Bus", to the Automation vehicle's info.json file. As a result it now shows up in the vehicle selector when starting the "bus routes" gamemode, but nothing happens when I drive it to a bus stop.

I tried looking for more information on what's required, but I could only find (a lot of) information on what a level needs to have to be able to play the "bus routes" game mode on it; nothing about what a vehicle needs to have to be able to use it in the "bus routes" game mode.

I then thought it might be because my vehicle (since it's an Automation car) doesn't have actual openable doors/destination screens/etc. so I tried using it with the "strict stops" option set to "no", however that still didn't work as you can see in the video.

So, in short: Is there a simple way of making a vehicle usable in the "bus routes" game mode, or is that not possible at all without it having all of those complicated things like openable doors and such?
    (Since that'd be way beyond my abilities to make; the most I know how to do is simple .json and .jbeam editing).

• Like Like x 1
  2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The bus route stuff probably directly references a lot of things in the bus’s code. Your best bet it to essentially meshlap over a stock bus and see if it works.

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

To make it usable I have no idea what exactly to do, but for it to function properly it needs a specific LUA file that references stuff like the display or openable doors, so if your bus doesn't have this then it will probably break the game if you try to use it. So I wouldn't even bother trying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

I remember in 0.23, I opened the info.json file of the grand marshal and changed the Body Style to "Bus", then when I tried to start the game in bus route mode, the grand marshal was in the list and I selected the taxi config to drive in bus route mode. But there was a problem, as my taxi had no door, when I reached the first station and stoped near it, nothing happened, and when I started to go to the next station, the gps arrows was still showing the route to the first station

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice