Unsolved What determines how long it takes an engine to start? (sound related)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Tronadorous, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

So I am trying to include some custom starter sonds in my future sound mods, however, the issue I'm having is that on the vehicles i test, well, all of them really, they start up too quickly. What I mean is, from engine off, to ignition to engine start they start up too quickly. What i want to do, is dictate and exact amount of time equal to my sound samples length until the engine starts.

For example, I have a 1 second engage sound, then a 3 second "starter loop" sound that I want to be played to it's full before the engine starts, however the only variable I can find relative to time is "starterLoopTime" however this doesn't work in the way expected, all this does is dictate how quickly the sound loops. If i lower it to 0.1 for examples it's just repeated very quickly, if i increase it for the full length of my sound sample you can still hear the starter sound 2 seconds after the engine is running.

If anyone can help or advise what needs to be configured i'd appreciate it, I would guess it has something more to do with the quality of an engine in the engine file as opposed to sound but I'm not sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice