What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Put new motorcraft plugs into the vic. Runs like a dream. I drove for a bit with the car loaded full of people and it never missed a beat. WOT 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts are stronger than ever.
    Quite the pain in the ass to change them in the cold. 3/4 plugs on the driver's side were swimming in coolant, and one on the passenger's side appeared to have oil on the boot, but the boot did its job and kept it from getting down into the plug well. No coolant leaks anywhere on the passenger's side though. I'm not very worried about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Keep an eye on your intake manifold around the thermostat housing. Mine cracked right below the housing on the plastic side. It drained coolant everywhere on top of the engine.

It must have exploded because to this day (a year later) you can still see random droplets of coolant under the hood and the bottom of the engine cover had a splatter on it. Also killed the alternator. I think you'd know though...

You can see the little line right next to where the plastic and aluminum meet. That was it. You can see all the coolant on the plugs and coils. It ran down BOTH sides of the engine block which was concerning before I knew what it was.

Attached Files:

• Coolant4.jpg
    • Coolant5.jpg
  3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it. I'm not sure if it's just suddenly shown up or if its been there since I bought it and I'm just now noticing it or what.

4. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

Took my '06 Vue to the mechanic because the engine light was on. Turns out nothing was wrong with it :/

5. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

My Focus does this. The guy gave me attitude saying he wasn't getting a code but it turns out it's just a short in the dash causing the light to stay dimly lit 24/7

6. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Bought a Christmas Tree yesterday, I was surprised that it fitted in the Skoda without any problems

Attached Files:

• IMG-20161210-WA0003.jpeg
  7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Cycled the dash through its own self test modes?

8. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Tried to but it resets back to odometer if the car doesn't start 100%. I didn't want to keep trying to get it to show up by restarting it though. My battery is kinda low as it is. Low as in it won't start with the headlights or heater on.

9. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

I'm more suprized your skoda started

jk :)
    I spent £50 of my mums money on new parts for my pug

10. InFiNiTy

InFiNiTy
    Expand Collapse

i experienced once more how nice a heated windscreen is. It prevents perfect from fogging up.

Attached Files:

• 36a97e53-9f8d-4b5a-a546-1a734f92967b.jpg
  11. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Replaced inner tie rods to try to fix some slop in the steering. it's now back to being acceptable, but steering rack wear should be expected in a car with almost 250k miles on it. I don't have the patience to change that so it's going to have to wait till the next time the engine is out, which will be this spring If all goes well.

12. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

I made this for my 2016 Hyundai Veloster.

15391314_1810610959197287_7946607530217207108_o.jpg

13. InFiNiTy

InFiNiTy
    Expand Collapse

Some weeks ago this sensor on the power steering exploded on our Ford Focus. I ordered 3 power steering pumps until i had the right sensor. Annoying, kind of expensive. After 2 weeks now the power steering is working very mint. No noises anymore (ffs the whole steering liquid is new..) and smooth turning.

(Second picture, needed the left one)

And today i emptied the gas tank on my black Mondeo for parting it out. Got 20 liters of good gasoline.

Attached Files:

• 15036451_1124588437629526_4852891890182219909_n.jpg
    • m-konversation-anhang.jpg
  14. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

How do you like that car? I was intrigued by it when I first saw it, but a friend test drove the N/A version and told me it couldn't get out of its own way. and cool keychain/good ornament/Christmas tree decoration/craft project.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, the mirror decoration was made with my 3d printer. My Veloster is the turbo, 210hp, 190 ft/lbs torque, 6 speed manual helps out on power too.

So far I love this car.
    It'll get up and scoot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

Neglected to wash it since the first snowfall so she had a bit of a spa day today. Fires right up in -40 weather and I love it.

Attached Files:

• xS9qeQK.jpg
  17. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

Broke the fuel line while rebuilding my throttle body....this is going to be a mess to clean up.
    Also still trying to figure out what's causing my reverse lights to not work.

18. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Tail light boards, each tail light has a computer board that controls the use of each bulb, they are notorious for phucking up.

Just replace both of them.

19. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I feel your pain. I bent and partially broke my fuel pressure regulator and started the car. I got a wiff of fuel and got out and saw that it was leaking like a geyser. if the car had been running another minute the header may have been hot enough to ignite it. hi test gasoline is honestly not that bad in terms of accidental ignition. can't drop a match in it like diesel but still I've had close calls that easily could have ended in a fireball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

The guy told me it was some 404 wheels, but i'm pretty sure it's some 403 one. What do you think ?
    DSC_02941.jpg
    anyway, those two cars share a lot pieces, so it's not really a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice