What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Took it out to a deserted road to practice threshold braking. It doesn't have ABS and twice now I've slid on wet roads trying to stop. I'm still at beginner level but at least I'm finally getting myself used to the motion of letting off the pressure when the wheels start to slide and then ramping it back up.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy
    Expand Collapse

Simple, I never fixed all the problems. As long as one thing is still broken, nothing else breaks!

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That oil is just pissed on the ground, yeah that's a feature, it reminds you to check the oil level and keep it topped up

4. Lizzy

Lizzy
    Expand Collapse

Exactly!
    -------
    I now have a badge

Attached Files:

• IMG_0295.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kapicarules

kapicarules
    Expand Collapse

drove the civic today to buy something. Its not fast but fun to throw around. Last time i drove the jeep grand cherokee, 50% throttle put me in my seat

6. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

Wing mirror rain
    IMG_3071.jpg IMG_3072.jpg IMG_3073.jpg IMG_3077.jpg IMG_3079.jpg IMG_3083.jpg IMG_3086.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Tarred up the bottom of the Z, and put insulation on the new floorboards. Next week the car will get carpeting put in and be taken off the blocks. Then it could finally be driven after nearly a year.
    IMG_20171007_175113.jpg
    IMG_20171007_191302.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Went out for a little snowy off road adventure.
    IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0949.jpg
    I'd say I did pretty well considering the tires I had to work with, but I did get a little sideways on a hill at one point. I also pulled some guy out of the ditch on the way up. He thought he could get up there with his 2wd Toyota pickup, he thought wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I see you have 4th gen power mirrors, what do you think of them? Are they worth it?

Also, I recently put the regular flippy folders on my grey half ton, Not sure how I'd like them on there, turns out I like them alot.
    Now the Cummins needs new mirrors though.

10. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

While technically yesterday, I took it to a garage to order replacements for around 20% of all the lighting on that vehicle. Chinese electronics, am I right? I'd have done it my self, but everything on that thing is so fragile, that I'd rather someone else break it than me

11. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

They're actually not 4th gen style, just the older style with the lights from the new ones. Got them from here, looks like they switched brands though because they're more expensive now. I went with the older ones because I prefer the smaller bubble (and because I don't like the angular styling of the new ones on an older rounder pickup) but I've heard of plenty of others that put the new style on and really like it. Pretty much anything is better than the tiny mirrors most of the 2nd gens had stock. You can also get the new style without the lights, which I would recommend if you don't mind not having them. As nice as those lights look now, it was a PITA to get the wiring through the doors.

12. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Checked my oil after 1,500mi... Yes that's early, especially since 3,000 total mi doesn't qualify for an oil change. However, after my car consumed a 1/4 of its oil in the same period, I though it would be best to see what's going on... Drained the same amount, so off to the dealership during thanksgiving break to get that looked at...

13. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_3096.jpg IMG_3097.jpg

Update:
    Add sticker.
    IMG_3122.jpg
    Need more sticker!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Washed, and will be polishing/clay bar/waxing tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

16. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

I borrow my mum car lol. Drive speed 62mph hit a pot hole *BOOM* shit. This three year old suspension has broken :/
    I'm sorry mum!

Update:
    *Fix new suspension £30! :)

17. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Bought a pair of R-Package/Clubman tierod ends for the improved geometry. Turns out the old ends are Clubman parts, but the boots were torn so they needed to be replaced anyway.

:^)

18. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I rode to college in a huge downpour, with no waterproof clothing, and proceded to get stuck behind every traffic light, bus, and learner there is on the road. There was mild roadrage.
    Apon getting there, I was told we weren't doing anything. Nice

19. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Did an "accidental" AWD burnout with the Charger in the rain (all the way through an intersection); ordered glowplugs, ignition switch, fuel solenoid, and PMG unit for the Silverado.

20. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Do you have one of the 13-14 AWD Chargers with the 5.7? I didn't know those existed until recently and now I really want one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice