What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Why wouldn't you be able to return or exchange the battery?

2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

In the end, we did. Somehow they let us exchange it for the larger size even though I'd already cut the carry strap off because got in the way of the battery bracket (I didn't know when I did that that the bracket was going to get in the way of the negative cable anyway).

3. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

I replaced the spark plug wire after doing trial and error tests to narrow it down to what the issue was on my '91 Tundra because for some reason it decided it wasn't going to work despite running perfectly the day before, quality. Along with that I properly mounted the voltage regulator because it was just stuffed behind the air box. I also mounted the CDI to the airbox because it was hanging from a string off the carb.

I got my 500 Phazer Deluxe going only after getting chased by a gang of hornets that decided to nest under the hood. They nested right under the hood strap so when I unhooked the strap I tore the side out of the nest. I jumped out off the trailer like they jump from windows in the movies. Only got stung once on the hand somehow. After all of that, it only took 5 pulls of the cord to turn it over, not bad for being under a tarp for all spring and summer.

4. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

onthelift.png
    Got some help from a friend of a friend. Got the clutch replaced, new timing belt, LSD install

• Like Like x 5
  5. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

Hello,my name is Tim Kuniskis head of FCA car brands,what support can i give you?

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-9-12_20-47-37.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

8. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

LED number plate :3
    JPEGimage11.jpeg JPEGimage13.jpeg JPEGimage16.jpeg JPEGimage14.jpeg

9. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

i went to the dealership this time today, i got my oil done, injectors replaced, throttle body replaced, 2 new shocks in the rear, replaced the ARB in the rear, it was broken in half, 2 new axles and a full detail. Next month Im paying cash to get the passenger side body damage fixed and repainted, and installing new OEM HID headlight assemblies and aftermarket HID fog lights. Total bill today? Oh, a scant $2142.35 lol I am keeping the Mazda forever, so it should be nice to get into it today after work and see how much better it feels with all the replaced parts. Im particularly excited to feel a flat rear end around corners, that was driving me extra bonkers, the extra body lean in corners.

10. infraxious

infraxious
    Expand Collapse

Looked at it through the window... the gear linkage has given up and can only offer 3rd and 4th. Going to kill the clutch tomorrow getting it to the workshop.

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Spent a ton of money on new spark plugs and coils. Only to find, cars still misfiring.

12. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Did you gap the plugs? Are the coils factory spec? Is the ecu aftermarket and/or broken?

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

All Subaru original parts, correctly gapped, function tested on an oscilloscope

14. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Check the crank angle sensor. That can cause misfiring.

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

All timing has been checked including crank, cam, ignition and injection signals. Relative compression (not absolute compression) has been checked. Fuel pressure has been checked.

16. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

This post is over the last week.......

So since i got a title for my buick its time to get it on the road now.
    So i cut off all the old brake lines and took off the old master cylinder and put them where they belong. (In the scrap bin)

Brand new lines and fittings on the rear end.

I rebuilt all the brakes...I will be putting disc brakes on the front some time after i get it on the road.

Brand new rubber lines too.

I also went to the junk yard and got an air cleaner and made it a cold air intake with some bean cans

Video of the car if you want to see it running.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Got our old Enticer going after sitting under a tree for 2 years. Put fresh gas and oil in and put some gas down the cylinder and 30 pulls of the cord later she roared to life!

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I wire wheeled the frame, then started spraying rust reformer, I need to take more pics when I am done.
    most of these where before the wheel.
    IMG_1287.jpg IMG_1279.jpg IMG_1280.jpg IMG_1281.jpg IMG_1282.jpg
    I need a new spring
    IMG_1286.jpg
    This gas tank holder/skid plate is perfectly solid(these trucks never had straps on the 32 gallon tanks)
    IMG_1284.jpg IMG_1285.jpg
    I should have taken more pics of the fabulous true dual custom exaust on my 300 I6 , one pipe comes out before the passenger rear tire and one after it, each pipe has a cherry bomb and a turbo muffler at least it doesn't leak, which is surprising considering how the welds look, it also has no cats so I gain a few HP since in CT anything over 25 years old is completely exempt from emissions laws.
    IMG_1283.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Driving that in Connecticut? You’re brave.

20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

What the rust? I am treating it now and then undercoating it.
    Surprised no one pointed out my parking brake cable retention spring

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice