What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Got a bit more progress on the Enticer, I pulled it over the day after I got it running and it ran the first pull! I thought that the suspension was ruined but apparently not because I pulled it out from the bushes with the quad to get it going and I drove it back so that's one thing off the list to do. To be honest it needs nothing but a good long run once we get snow. I was worried that the oil pump may be gone but apparently not from the amount of smoke it blew. :)

As for the Tundra, it is in desperate need of a welding job, both runners are rotten along with the tunnel where the seat mounts used to be If I find a junker or one for parts I will just take the tunnel and replace it if it is in better shape then the current one. I also can't seem to get the exhaust springs back in place so I might take some off an old bed frame. I had to remove the exhaust to get to the pull cord mechanism because a spring had let go inside so I took the whole mechanism off the spare motor and bolted it back on, I am missing a washer somewhere too because I have one left over from somewhere.

Got rid of a bloody hornet nest under the BearCat 570 hood with a can of Raid and a 2x4. Once they were taken care of I got that going too. So that's 4 for 4 working for winter, the only one needing attention is the Tundra and maybe the Phazer which has a flat spot in the belt.

I also went for a ride on the TT-R and busted off another spoke ;-;

#3141 Spede3, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

What, you mean the zip tie? Thats a normal repair for me, zip ties and military grade duct tape are pretty much holding most of my car together lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

My truck is Roadkill certified :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

So is my Regal. I literally used duct tape to insulate the power wires on my CB radio because I couldn't find any electrical tape :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I have no horn, my fan shroud is 3 pieces held together with zip ties, my stereo looks like this
    IMG_1199.jpg
    I want to replace it with actual speakers not the hacks the previous owner did
    and my tailgate only sometimes works + that custom exaust

• Like Like x 1
  6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

at least you have speakers and a parking brake. I have no radio, speakers, horn (not hooked up for some reason), no parking brake (rusted open), no AC, and no key to lock to friggen door.

7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

somehow my AC still seems to work and it was never converted to R13 althogh until recently my truck did not lock because the driver side power lock actuator was seized so I disconnected it, it is still rattling around in the door because I cant get it out with the dent and the dent is so big I'd rather repaint the extra set of doors I have and transfer the power locks and windows to them and all the speakers are in pieces so I'd rather not turn on the radio and my parking brake didn't work right until I zip tied a spring to it to replace the missing one.
    and my top is missing bolts

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You what. You realise most duct tapes are conductive...

9. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, the label said that it is non-conductive. The duct tape I use is very similar to Flex Tape, just stronger.

10. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Phil Swift *triggered*

• Like Like x 2
  11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

it is 97% humidity I still can't finish rust treatment

• Like Like x 1
  12. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Today was oddly warm so I decided to try and fix the surging/stumbling the bronco has when it is cold. I sprayed down the throttle body with the proper cleaner, it helped a lot but it still does it, I have to do a full tuneup once spring arrives, also the tailgate window stopped working a while ago so I have to fix that.

13. GTHusky

GTHusky
    Expand Collapse

My Imp got a check Engine Light yesterday, so I ran to the dealership today. There was moisture in fuel. Thankfully it was just the gas cap that didn't seal right. $20 dollar fix.

14. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I figured out how to turn stability control off on my new Mustang.

Mustang, 300HP, LSD, no stability management/traction aids, and a snowy cold climate. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

• Like Like x 3
  15. GTHusky

GTHusky
    Expand Collapse

Same here and it's really icy here in Utah. I need to replace a wire harness for the speed sensor on my Impala, so I'm forced to switch off Stabilitrak and traction control, otherwise it activates at random. I have no winter tires. 300HP as well, but... it's front-wheel drive, so in my case I just don't go anywhere if I'm heavy on the gas :/

16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

bUt WhAt AbOuT tHe BiCyClIsT wHo MiGhT bE tHeRe?????

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE cRoWdS

18. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

bUt WhAt AbOuT tHe TrAfFiC

19. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

WhAT AbouT ThE HOMEs

20. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

wHaT aBoUt ThE sEnIoRs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice