What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Not that I can notice. Either, the nozzles froze, there's a blockage in the tube/nozzle or the tube is open somewhere.

2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well depending on the temperatures it gets where you live it could very well just be frozen (wiper fluid is actually one of the most common things to freeze in vehicles)

3. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Especially since I just bought the car a month ago. The dealer filled it. Could be 50/50 for all I know.

Edit-Yup, It was frozen. It's 35 out and works now. Cheapskates. Gotta get it out before we freeze again.

#23 CTJacob, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  4. theonetruedogesb

theonetruedogesb
    Expand Collapse

yep, sure do.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

and that is why there is antifreeze in my washer fluid

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

or put anti-freeze in it?

7. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but if there's more water in the system it'll freeze again.

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Last couple of weekends
    -Stripped interior
    ddkcL.jpg ddkeI.jpg
    Fabric/adhesive is a *bitch* to get off the sunroof panel... Hope to reupholster this part the coming weekend, together with the A and B pillars.
    ddkhp.jpg

Got some 2nd hand parts. My drivers side door panel has screws through it in the top, because some previous owner decided that was the best way to fix the loose panel...(instead of just glueing the mounts back in).
    Also got a leather armrest(yay my seats are dull grey fabric, planning to replace those at some point, obviously). I still need 1 back side interior light in black. I'm told these are reasonably rare, my original ones were beige to match the grey/tan-ish headliner. Planning to vinyl paint the sunvisors and oh-shit-handles with SEM aerosol, medium slate grey should be a close match with the fabric below, and Landau Black for UV-faded parcel shelf should be 1:1 with the OEM black interior trims.
    ddjOX.jpg
    Fabric arrived last... Thursday I think. Decided to go charcoal faux-suede 1/8th foam backed instead of the fonzy all-black that everyone gets. Started last weekend to reupholster the easiest parts to learn. Seems to go really well, but think I'll buy a steamer for the actual headliner panel(due to all the curves in it).
    (if his listing ends, link to user, look for Foam backed Suede headliner material - 60" width)
    ddjRU.jpg ddjTt.jpg
    And my room is a freaking mess. Yes that's a Lego Ferrari Enzo on the left. No I'm not too old for that. I built it when I was 16, because I'm secretly still a 12-year-old :) The suitcase is my toolbox, was dirtcheap, Topcraft tools from Aldi, they're great and probably my best cheap tools purchase ever, maybe except the cheap jack I also got from Aldi. The screwdrivers seem to be pretty strong against bending, when you're ripping the door inserts out of the door cards on E36 door panels.
    ddkwO.jpg

Big project, but loving it so far! :D Well pleased with the color of the suede.

Also installed this bumper lip a few weeks ago, which imho looks epic!
    ddloZ.jpg ddlv1.jpg

#28 Mythbuster, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  9. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Nice BMW, Myth. What year is that?

10. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Gave her a good washing...

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
    • image.jpg
  11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Bought myself a new sticker for the rear window

(imported from here)

12. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

13. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate, really my pride and joy, it's a 1993 318iS(was built in december 1992), lots of options, got a limited slip diff too :)

15. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I didn't know you drive my absolute favorite car of all time ;) looks great Myth!

16. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

Have you fixed your misaligned bull bar yet Wolf?

17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Haha thanks man! It's one of my favorite cars of all time too, with only the 1969 Charger beating it. Had a metallic anthracite grey one in the first NFS Shift. That's how I fell in love with the bodyshape honestly.I used it almost the entire game without ever needing another car. When I found out I could afford it in real life, I had to have one :D

18. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I was told it wasn't anything to worry about so it'd be a waste of time fixing it...

19. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I still haven't finished painting my Corolla project, but I went to check it out in the garage and the masking tape I put on to protect the panel edges when aligning is now really stuck to the car and comes off in chunks. Now its a slow removal process with careful application of a heat gun and lots of acetone! I told myself I would take it off promptly when I put it on, but I got overwhelmed with it and just left it untouched for a month haha

20. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

Put a fat dent in my left fender, now it's time to get the donor car apart again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice