What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Spotted the Grand Marq sitting outside of the repair shop. It's been in since Monday. I think mid to late next week...

Grand Marq3.jpg

Grand Marq2.jpg

2. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

Photo 21-05-15 21 12 10.jpg Photo 21-05-15 21 12 17.jpg Photo 04-04-15 15 27 14.jpg

I bought a very nice set of original Speedline rims for my 205. It'll look a lot better than the original hubcaps.

3. theonetruedoge

theonetruedoge
    Expand Collapse

makes me sad seeing it in that state :(. at least it's getting fixed though.

4. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

They are parting your car out? I though repair shops are supposed to repair stuff and not sell it by pieces...

5. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, I thought it was in the process of it being fixed. It has a whole new side.

6. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Well, on the pic he posted before the only damage was on the front right door and front right fender, with some body crumpling underneath. No need to replace front bumper, singnals or rear door :|

7. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, if the insurance paid for those extra parts, why not?

8. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Haha, that's the spirit.

Took the Subaru to work earlier. Gave it the beans, but the clutch is toast and slips like a, like a... bean on a buttered slice of toast.

I'm hungry.

9. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

They had to remove the light and the bumper to take the fender off I think. I got it back today. I was not expecting it till next week but they threw it together pretty damn quick. Looks better than when I bought it.

Before
    Grand MArq.JPG
    After
    Grand Marq4.JPG

10. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Just pressure washed the back seats, waiting for them to dry in the sun. Pics later.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course when it's back in the car, lol.

11. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

They even gave you some chrome.

12. theonetruedoge

theonetruedoge
    Expand Collapse

i think your year of grand marquis is my favorite. I havent figured out why, I just like the way it sits better.

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Was going home when we passed a bootiful Volvo Wugen. Turned around to look at it. 240 wagon in great condition from what I could see. Clean interior, manual, etc. Pretty much the only bad thing I could see was the wheels. I called the auto body shop it was in front of and left a message asking about it.

14. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

They say 2004 is the best year. I get the Performance Improved engine, redesigned frame, and apparently 03 had soft axles and 05+ had a slightly laggy electronic throttle.

15. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yep. 04 had the frame improvements and I think a better interior. 05 and up had a drive by wire and all that.

16. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I think the color coding pre-2003 was better but I have more buttons on my steering wheel and a better radio. Better rear seat cup holder fold out thing to.

17. theonetruedoge

theonetruedoge
    Expand Collapse

i think i like it more because it sits a little bit lower, and the whole bottom of the car is even with the ground, whereas on mine the back sits slightly higher, therefore the back wheels look kind of small in the wheels well because they are only 15 inches. Are your wheels 16 or 17 inches?

Also I was thinking about getting like 14 inch wheels spacers in the back because the wheels are fairly deep in the well, and I want them to be a little more flush. Does anyone know how well the would work, like do i just bolt them on or is there more work involved?

18. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

16 currently. Thinking about upgrading to these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Niche-Targa...el:Crown+Victoria&hash=item463a492bd8&vxp=mtr
    or these http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2014-M...its=Model:Mustang&hash=item43d1002700&vxp=mtr

19. theonetruedoge

theonetruedoge
    Expand Collapse

20. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Finding some Mercury center caps would be cool. May have the engine and tranny from a Mustang but that is all. I think the dual exhaust is first to come however. Get some Thrush Welded mufflers on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice