What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Got new speakers :O
    +Oil change
    +New power steering fluid
    ebe75e7a4c.png

#121 DrowsySam, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

-Removed radio that was installed by a 17 year old punk. Had to remove the entire center counsel b/c the radio is the wrong size, but the center counsel was a b**** to remove b/c the parking brake lever would not raise completely b/c the brake is out of alignment. This whole ordeal took over 2 hours, if it had a factory or correct size radio it would have taken 5 min. :mad: Now to remove all the wiring from that radio :(
    -Topped off all fluids
    -Made a 3 1/2 mile list of all the parts I need for the car
    IMG_2503.jpg
    mmmmm... sexy :p

3. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

That thing looks like it's in awesome condition!

4. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Yea not too bad, body and engine are great, but interior and transmission are ruff.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I could probably fit 3 or 4 16 inch wheels in my trunk, plus an interior door panel, plus a center console... Did I mention it's a coupe?... Oh, and the trunklid folds open straight up, it tips much further than you'd think so that it won't ever get in your way... Seriously look at this, it's ridiculous.
    This isn't mine btw, but to give you an idea of the size of the boot:
    100_0339.jpg

That is... If it wasn't for the DAMN CD CHANGER that's hanging from the boot ceiling on mine, and the tray that's over the battery... Whoever came up with the idea of doing that should be shot. The CD changer makes the boot entrance much lower, meaning you can't stack 2 wheels on top of eachother in any area of the boot. Because of the CD changer, I can only fit 2 wheels in there, unless I put the rear seats down :/

As for what I did today: I glued my glovebox door back together, which didn't work very well. The inner and outer skin are split which makes it not close properly, and now there's glue on the edge... Visibly.
    I also ordered 4 new wheel roudel(BMW emblem) and a new bonnet/hood roundel.

I dunno what my next mod will be, but I really want to get a USB mp3 and AUX jack to work, while retaining the 10-disc-cd-changer + cassette player functionality. That said, I currently have a pointless Sony cassette player, not the OEM one, so I might hunt for an OEM CD or cassette player.

Attached Files:

• P1010636.JPG
  6. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Tee hee

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

Scored the head unit, two 6" Infinity Reference series, two 4" Alpine somethingorothers, two amps, the sub (with one functioning driver), and all cabling for just $307 :D

Unfortunately, the sub significantly hampers my car's ability to carry wheels around. The upshot being I can now play my fulsik beats like a wog in a Mcdonald's carpark.

7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

That's nice and dandy, and I have a Pioneer headunit laying around with an Aux and USB port too... Problem is, I want to retain the OEM look, and I love to build stuff. I don't want my flashy Pioneer radio with red lights. I just want the OEM cassette player (or the CD player version) which has matching orange lighting like the rest of my car :p

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Any possibility of rewiring it under either the driver or passenger seats (where it resided in mums old car) or even underneath the boot floor near the cavity for the spare tyre (presuming there is one)?

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I thought about buying some stuff that I'll definitely need for it at the autoparts store.
    Then I remembered that it's not even mine yet. :|

10. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Thinking of buying a new car, Going to look at this falcon tomorrow, We'll see what happens...
    image.jpg

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

4 speed auto. Any car with a 4 speed auto needs burning.

12. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

It's a falcon, That does it justice

13. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Quite like my mums Falcon, hers is also a 4-Speed auto, no fun.. Great for one wheel skids though. :(

But overall they're a damn comfy ride, and not too slow, they just feel like a bus to drive.

Cool car and all, but I still prefer driving my slower, less comfy manual Toyota.

-Many hours behind the wheel of the Falcon

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Sadly it doesn't. Even nice cars need burning if they have a 4 speed auto

15. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Or for those of us who understand the concept of continuity and potential, a manual conversion is a much more viable option:D

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Swap the nice parts of the auto car onto a car that was manual from factory. Burn what's left. the auto permanently desecrated that vehicle and it needs burning.

17. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Considering that (at least where I live) a manual variant of a vehicle will either be A) modified by someone who enjoyed NFSU2's bodykit selection of B) can't drive to save themselves and put the car up a tree. The auto on the other hand is owned and loved by an elderly person, and is essentially new 30 years on.

By that logic, you can have a mint, unmolested manual car and burn the ruined, crashed auto one. If it really bugs you that much, swap the chassis tags over while your at it.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

manual is rightly dominant here and you don't get a full drivers license unless you pass the test in a manual

- - - Updated - - -

oh. Today I verbally abused my car again

19. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

There's a similar thing here (if you do the driving test in an auto you aren't allowed to drive a manual for a year or thereabouts), but it's not quite as extreme as it seems in the UK, unfortunately...

Naturally, I did the test in a manual, as I do have a strong hatred of automatics, and my car is a manual.

20. SoulBoogieHero

SoulBoogieHero
    Expand Collapse

I bought a Kaminari center tail for my car about 7 months ago. Finally got around to installing it. I removed my stock turbo tails and installed some non-turbo taillights with the center light. Also relocated my license plate and installed a LED bar for my license plate light.

StockTails.jpg

Kaminari.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice