What did you recently buy for your computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by simonfrat123, Jan 14, 2016.

1. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

I bought a game called Raceroom, but I uninstalled it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I bought this mouse for my Bedroom PC:

3. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

It's just not beamng. All the other top spec racing Sims feel sterile and lifeless compared to beamng. I just got the rfactor2 demo and I enjoyed the formula Renault car but I won't be buying the full version.

4. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Only one of the three DVI standards (I think it's DVI-I) carries sound I think. Most devices use DVI-D though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

DVI-D is digital signal, DVI-A is analog (VGA with a different connector). DVI-I does both but not at the same time. AFAIK no DVI specification carries sound.

6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I bought a Noctua 40mm fan for my Hadron's power supply, the default fan is ear-splitting and emits an awful high-pitch whine. I don't particularly care if the CFM for the noctua fan is lower than the CFM of the default fan, but at least it will be quieter. Maybe the original fan is defective, but I'm not disassembling the entire PC and shipping it back to EVGA so they can send me another power supply that's also nearly as loud, so I'm taking matters into my own hands. I really can't wait for it to come, I can't stand to be the room with it around, it's like fingernails on chalkboard.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

my dvi d to hdmi cable is definitely carrying sound

8. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

HDMI is the only one that receives sound, though. DVI D can carry it, but I don't think any devices can recieve sound from DVI D. Has to be from HDMI, even if the HDMI comes from a DVI D port.

9. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Hm, thought DVI-I would. Don't know anyway, I'm using DVI-D at the moment. With headphones, cause the speakers in my monitor are crap. And it doesn't carry sound.
    Makes sense. Wait, no. It doesn't actually. Which is why what you say has to be right.

10. MOHAAPlayer

MOHAAPlayer
    Expand Collapse

My case came with one of those... I didn't know they were a good fan, until my friend pointed that out...

11. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Someone's been in CEX, I recognise that sticker on PGR4. ;)
    What the heck happened to that Burnout 3 sleeve!? :(

12. GTR2legend

GTR2legend
    Expand Collapse

You are correct about pgr4 and burnout 3 was also bought at CEX and was sold that way

13. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

DVI-I does everything that DVI-D and DVI-A do. It'll carry sound, but devices won't receive it. If you plug a DVI-I/D to HDMI adapter into the GPU and use HDMI, and your monitor has speakers, you'll have sound to the monitor.

14. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Why then even make it support sound? Where's the logic in that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice