1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

What does VY Node not found mean?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Gregory TheGamer, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I have this really annoying thing where I can't attach my mesh to its jbeam because it constantly says: "FLEXBODY ERROR on mesh semi_antenna_R: VY node not found". It seems to do that whenever I either enable ant2 or ant3, or both. Is there something wrong with how these nodes are positioned?
    Code:
             //base 
             ["antb1r", -1.31588, -1.5683, 2.49],
             ["antb1l", -1.02648, -1.5683, 2.49],
             ["antb2", -1.17118, -1.85768, 2.49],
             //antenna
             ["ant1", -1.17252, -1.69045, 2.6398],
             ["ant2", -1.17252, -1.69045, 3.01459],
             ["ant3", -1.17252, -1.69045, 3.49495],
    I have no idea why on earth it says this so I would like to know as it is getting me on the nerve a little.

An answer is really appreciated!

Gregory U.

#1 Gregory TheGamer, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

It's because those nodes alone are not enough for the game to connect the vertices of the model to jbeam. It can be very irritating, I just fought with this yesterday. You want to either add more nodes creating a 3d "web" like structure, or assign the flexbody to more node groups (for example the semi hood or roof or where ever you are placing the antenna). I think the police antenna on fullsize is assigned to the tailgate group too, use it as an example.

3. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

It's funny because I used the Grand Marshall antenna as a preset, just changed node positions and beam connections. And as for the assigned node groups, it already is assigned to two. Its own and semi_mirror. If I reduce the loops in the antenna bit itself, could that work? let's see...
    --- Post updated ---
    So I tried reducing the vertice count on the antenna bit itself, no luck, unfortunately. I also tried to add the node group semi_daycab_roof to its assigned node groups, that did work in one way, but not the other. It showed up but didn't move with its own nodes. Adding more nodes in the antenna piece it is then. Let's see if that works because it better be.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nope, that doesn't work either. That leaves me no choice then, ditch the antennas.

4. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the VY node error is pretty much the most annoying thing with modding. It took me an hour just to figure out where to place 2 nodes on an exhaust...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that.

#5 Gregory TheGamer, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice