What enticed you into simulation?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Immortal Racer, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Immortal Racer

Immortal Racer
    Expand Collapse

The title states it. What paradigm enticed you into vehicular simulation?

Personally for me, it was trucking and the ability to covey back and forth.

Mathematics also played a paradigm in my enticement.

-Immortal Racer

2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Rigs of Rods. Saw kurtjmac play it a long time ago and he linked to the first BeamNG video in his description. (YES some people actually read them.)

3. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

It's not so much the simulation nature of the game so much as the fact that it's a sandbox, and there are so many things to dive into and explore.

I've been playing TrackMania since 2007, which is a game that thrives on user generated content. Creative communities are the best communities to be a part of.

4. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

I am waiting for this:

011_15366_gelenkbus_hochbahn.jpg

Just imagine testracks and buses :D

5. anonymous

anonymous
    Expand Collapse

I saw a video of the simulation and immediately purchased the game.

6. lucky74dog

lucky74dog
    Expand Collapse

I started with NFS Hot pursuit 2 when I was about 4, loved it more than anything, and then played any good car game I could get my hands on!I still do!

7. Pinecones

Pinecones
    Expand Collapse

I second this!
    All the games I play are creative and allow the user to modify them

8. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

The pure addiction to Physics!
    I love Physics in any Shape, but specialy in combination with Sandbox Enviroments to play around with them.
    Used Endorphin Learning Edition, forerunner of Euphoria, like a Game instead of an Animation Software for over a Year because of its Option to set up active muscle Poses with strength and blend-timings on a Timeline, which turns scripted animation into a fully dynamic simulated toribash-like Experience. It even has dynamic Behaviours, like balancing or staggering, which lets the Character react dynamicly in Realtime to physical Interactions with Forces or Objects.
    Learned to simulate Fire and Smoke with Particles in 3d Modeling Software or breaking rigid Objects with Voroni fracture algorithms just for fun but no special Purpose.
    So this Game was a must have.
    Praise the Physics!

9. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

Rigs of Rods 0.31a got me hooked into simulation games. I'm not really sure why though.

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Price of actual banger racing - about £1000 for your first car and welding kits, trailers plus the cost of running a car to tow the thing to an event. Each banger won't last long so you need to find new scrap cars which puts you out of pocket by some silly amount when your car is ruined. But hey, you have a lot of what you need to prepare another once you've been through your first car

BeamNG show us some love - £30

hmm... As a student... which option do I take...

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Well, I've been playing RoR since 2011 but when I was 8 I remember playing this like 18 Wheels of Steel Across America for many many hours on end. (On my Pentium III with a 64MB Radeon card and 256MB RAM. It had a crappy little WiFi adapter but I was happy to play flash games on it all day)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice